Thought Ten.

Dear awesome readers: 

I am accepting banners and covers for this story! Also, please vote and comment if you like my story(s)... I adore all of my readers, and love to chat!

_______________________________________*

It doesn't happen slowly, like it should. 

Every word that comes out of their mouths travels to me instantly, and I hang on to each and every word. I'm not saying that I completely understand any of it though, no. That would be too easy. Jones had taken the liberty of slowly placing me on the couch where I had been lying down what seemed like centuries ago. Realistically though, this all happened in a matter of twenty minutes, if I had to guess. I sit here, with Jones beside me - bravely holding onto my hand. The woman called Ariel, and the man called Neven sit opposite us, on top of the coffee table. 

Ariel stares at Jones' hand on top of mine. I can feel the heat of her gaze, as if her eyes really are burning an invisible hole through his flesh to mine. Neven speaks, and although I am unsure of these people, his voice is one of the more comforting ones so far. I look above their heads, watching the two silent 'guards' that stand behind the coffee table. 

Why could they need guards? 

Who are they protecting. Or better yet, who do they fear? 

"So like I was saying, Embrie, you are our daughter. You have no real relation to the people that have tricked you back in your world. Jones is a family friend." Neven says, while sparing Jones a brief, but nasty glance. "There's no need to fear us." He reaches out to touch my knee, and I involuntarily cringe away. 

The look of hurt is noticeable on his face, and I can't help but to feel completely responsible and ashamed. 

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help it." I murmur, Jones reassuringly holds my hand tighter. 

"It's quite alright dear." Ariel says in an adoring tone. "I think that you have been through a tremendous amount of... stress today. It's only expected that you have some sort of reaction to what we have informed you with." 

I slightly nod my head, and stare into the eyes that claim to be my flesh and blood. Surprisingly I find her eyes to seem so honest, and so vulnerable. As I examine more though, I see that what I have mistaken for vulnerability might actually be love. Also, fire. She's got fight. 

"How long did you look for me?" Suddenly I am asking her the question, no one else. She looks surprised for a moment, but quickly regains her composure and straightens her back. 

"Since the day you were taken, until this very moment." Her eyes become full of moisture, and suddenly I am overwhelmed with a feeling of loss. "Even though you are right in front of me, right before my eyes, I'm still searching for you. How are you really here? Is this a trick?" Her eyes can no longer contain the salty water from over flowing and dampening her face. Neven pulls he closely to him, nuzzling her shoulder. 

"How do you even know that I am your daughter?" I can't help but speculate, defend my sanity and existence. 

This time Neven answers, and I don't blame him. 

"Technically, you wouldn't have been able to come into our - your - world if you aren't like us. It is almost impossible for mere humans to enter this world." He hesitates for a moment, raking his fingers through his messy brown hair. "Embrie... you are like us. You are a soul vampire, you are special. And we all love you so much. We have been dreaming for this day for what seems like an eternity. Please..." He keeps eye contact with me, searching for something. " ...Just please. Give us a chance." 

He's begging me. 

What does he see when he looks into my eyes right now? 

A quitter? 

A scared girl? 

A runner? 

Apparently not a fighter, like my so called mother. 

But how do you say no? I have never been in a situation like this. I don't think many people have been, if anyone else. Who do I confide in? How do I make the decision to be someone that I have never been, and may never be able to be? I look over at Jones, and he feels my stare. He nods his head, as if answering my unsaid question. 

"Can I talk to you alone?" I ask, half whispering. From one look at Ariel and Neven's faces though, I can tell that they have heard and are not really impressed. 

Can't please everyone though. 

"Sure. We will go to the backyard. Are you guys alright with that?" He asks, looking not only at my 'parents' but to the guards for approval as well. They all nod, yes, in perfect unison. 

We stand up, hand in hand. He takes me through the living room, through the kitchen and towards a door which I assume leads to the backyard. The sun beats down heavily on our heads, and I can't help but to desire to be in a large body of cold water. Surrounded by the emptiness of the waves. That's how I wish I could feel right now. 

Empty. 

But I feel anything but. I feel... incredibly full. Overloaded and super-sized to the maximum capability with information and insanity. 

"Give them a chance." That's all he says, holding both of my hands, staring straight at me. Through me. Into me

"I don't think that I know how to." I weakly whisper as a response. 

"I will help you." And then his face is inching closer to mine. Closer, closer, closer. Our lips brush up against each other, and then we are kissing. Quick, but passionate. Not just sweet, like with Blake. No. This kiss was entirely different, meaning something so far unknown to me. Like everything else right now. 

But I know in this moment, that he is right. I have to give them a chance, and I know that he will help me through this. I know that I am not alone; I have Jones. 

And just like that, I feel my lips quirk, and I see myself smiling through Jones' eyes. It feels like the first genuine smile that has ever visited my face. 

And Jones made it happen.