Thought One. - Mr. Sexy sounding.

“Embrie!”

I cringe as my name is screamed, and it echo’s through the empty halls. Turning around I find my eyes landing on the culprit.

            Blake.

He come’s to an abrupt halt, feet away from where I stand. His dark brown hair is disheveled, and he’s breathing heavily – trying to catch his breath. I stare at him, waiting for him to settle, and possibly elaborate on the name yelling.

How freaking far did he run to catch up with me?

“Blake, hi.” I say, giving him a curt nod. I stuff my hands into my pockets, suddenly feeling very anxious.

I just want to go home.

“Hey Em! I’m so glad I caught you in time!” His honey - brown eyes rest on my aqua -green ones. His lips turn upwards, sending me a dazzling smile.

I arch my eyebrow, waiting for him to continue.

“Well, you see.. I was just wondering if you were going to that Halloween party tomorrow night?” He says after a few moments of hesitation.

Oh, joy.

“That’s at Kirk’s house, right?” I ask, even though I know that it is.

He nods his head, keeping his perfect smile intact.

“Yep! So are you going?”

Am I going?

“Yeah…no. I think I’ll pass on the drunken display of idiocy from my fellow peers, and stick to my normal Halloween routine.”

Ever since I can remember, Halloween has always consisted of sitting around the house, eating chocolate and watching scary movies. Although, I’m sure my parents took me out for Halloween when I was younger, but I don’t really remember any of it. My father is really naïve, and my mother usually just scoffs at the idea of Halloween. All of the heebie-jeebies stuff just doesn’t make any sense to them, and they truly believe that it’s just another holiday made up for companies to profit off of. Which is true in a sense, but people still seem to have a lot of fun dressing up as something that doesn’t exist.

“Uh, Embrie? You still with me?” Blake’s deep, and oh so sexy, voice snaps me out of my internal rant.

            “Yeah, sorry. Was just thinking.” I give him a weak smile, and tuck a few strands of my dirty-blond hair behind my ear.

            “It’s okay, but boy! What I would give to know what you are thinking sometimes! Your eyes just stare so intently, and you start biting your bottom lip…” Trailing off, his cheeks turn a lovely shade of pink, and I can’t help but chuckle.  “So anyways, what I was getting to…”