★CHAPTER SEVEN|DEATH BOTS★

Start from the beginning

"Stay in the ship." The captain commands, already striding towards the elevator with Kihyun and Wonho on his heels. "You're no good to us in a fight, but if we make it back, there's every possibility we'll need someone to patch us up."

Grudgingly, the xenobiologist turned medic nods in agreement.

More than ever, Wonho is grateful that Jooheon keeps the armory so well maintained

More than ever, Wonho is grateful that Jooheon keeps the armory so well maintained. Because of it, it doesn't take long at all for he, Kihyun, and Shownu to find everything that they need and suit up. With a grim face, Wonho watches as Shownu and Kihyun rifle through the available weapons on board. 

"Which gun will you take?" 

Kihyun looks at him expectantly, but the mechanic shakes his head. He's never held a gun before, so it wouldn't do any good for him to carry one anyway.

"You can't step out there without a weapon Wonho, " Shownu persists. "There's no telling what we might encounter. Even Changkyun took a pistol with him."

At the mention of the telepath's name, Wonho struggles to tamp down his irritation. If Tori is in danger, Changkyun might actually kill him. And in all honesty, he can't say that he'd blame him in the slightest. If the roles were reversed, he'd probably rip the guy to shreds.

As things stand, he's currently ripping himself to shreds from the inside out.

"A gun won't do me any good, " Wonho reveals with a sigh, "I've never even held one before."

"Then how do you expect to come with us?" Kihyun demands harshly.

"Relax, " the mechanic insists. "Just because I can't handle a gun doesn't mean I can't fight. I have my ways."

He pats the leather pouch strapped to his belt, grateful when Shownu nods in understanding. The captain knows exactly what Wonho is talking about, even if Kihyun does not.

"How much farther to the ship?" Jooheon yells, clearly aiming his question at Minhyuk despite the fact that he is currently facing the other direction

It feels as if they've been running for hours, and Jooheon is beginning to feel a little sluggish. He hasn't used his pyrokinesis to this extent in such a long time, not since he was last on the battlefield, and the toll on his body is beginning to make itself known. Also, he's starting to doubt Minhyuk's directions. Why is he so certain that they're going the right way? Their omni-cuff communications are down, so wouldn't it stand to reason that his holo map could be off too?