Chapter Thirty One

Start from the beginning

Those select few included my parents.

They said after the 'stunt' she pulled, they didn't want anyone from our family around her or anyone close to her again.

They went on very little about how it put me in danger, but went on forever about how it would damage their reputation if their son was running around with an 'arsonist bitch'.

I wanted to scream in their face. Scream that she wasn't an arsonist, and that her father tried to rape her two hours before the fire and left.

Leaving her to lose her sanity in the house alone.

But that wasn't my place.

So I kept my mouth shut and refused to cut Bella out of my life, they repeated themselves and made it clear if I didn't agree to cut Bella off, I'd be cut off—from my family.

That was the risk I was willing to take, and I took it for her.

How I didn't realize in that moment I was in love with her is beyond me.

Fucking knock on the door you pussy.

I shake it all off and finally put my fist up and knock on the door, two loud knocks.

Please answer. Please answer. Please answer.

As I wait filled with anticipation, I hear the sound of the door unlock. Quickly I fix my hair, check my breath and straighten out my shirt.

The door opens finally revealing Bella behind it. Beautiful, blue eyed, chocolate haired Bella.

"Hey." I give her a quirky smile as we lock eyes.

She nods her head to the side, motioning for me to come into the room. I walk through the door and she closes it behind me as I enter the room.

"I take it you're here to talk?" She says in very emotionless tone.

Fuck she already knows, I know it.

"Well you've been dodging me, this was my last resort." I scratch behind my head nervously. Years and years we've been around each other and she always makes me sweat.

I mean she's hot as fuck soooo...

"Believe it or not I've been wanting to talk too. I think we have a lot to talk about." She sits on the couch, not taking her eyes off of me. I make my way beside her and take a seat.

If I wasn't sweating before, I was sweating buckets now.

"I—I couldn't agree more." I look down to the ground, completely ashamed.

"You're probably wondering why I've been ghosting you, and honestly it's because of a discovery I've made, a pretty big one actually. I needed time to figure myself out and cope before opening up about it..." She trails off.

I swallow what feels like a golf ball as I listen to her go on.

God this must have destroyed her, she couldn't even talk about it.