Chapter Twenty Five

Start from the beginning

"Hikaru, what are you doing?" My mom hissed as I hopped on my good leg, grabbing my sweats and sliding them on. "Sit down, girl."

"Nah mama I'm straight." I said, clenching my teeth as I shrugged off the hospital gown, grabbing the hoodie that was laid across the chair, which I assumed, was for me. After pulling it on, careful of the bandage on my stomach, I grabbed my white Cortez's and slid them on. "When she leave?" I asked Maru.

"Like five minutes ago." I nodded just as the door opened and two officers came in with a nurse.

"Miss Tanaka?" The nurse asked and I ignored her as I grabbed my phone from the table side and pushed it into my pocket. "I don't think you should leave, another couple of hours would be best-"

"I'm good." I said and looked at the officers silently.

"We came to speak to you about the shooting." One said, his eyes flooded with suspicion.

"Wrong place, wrong time." I responded dryly.

He tilted his head, his hands placed on his hips. "You didn't see a car? A face?"

Black SUV, gold and black bandanaa.

"Nah." I mumbled. "I didn't see nothing." I looked back at my brothers and nodded, making them step forward instantly. "Like I said, wrong place.. wrong time." I then walked past them, knowing they couldn't stop me. "You see what exit she left out of?" I asked once we made it to the elevator.

"The back." Maru responded. "What you see, sis? Why you fade out when he ask about the car?"

I shook my head and scratched my chin. "They was wearing a black and gold." Kai's eyes widened and I nodded. "Yeah.. and we was right outside Rally's. Nobody start shit there except for-"

"The fucking twenties cuh." He responded and shook his head. "You don't think Abe.."

I shrugged. "Who knows. Nigga was lowkey mad I wasn't fronting him some bucks the other night so." I shrugged again. "I ain't never in my life think I'd get hit up in my own fuckin hood." Once the elevator door opened, we walked out, me with a slight limp because of the bullet wound in my thigh.

We walked through the lobby and out of the back exit, my eyes scanning for the girl and her car, which I barely remember.

Then, I saw her. I told my brothers to wait as I speed walked across the lot to where she was walking to her car. As soon as she opened it, I slid in front of her and leaned against the car door, making it close. "Leaving without a goodbye?" I questioned as she jumped back in shock. Her eyes widened and I hummed. "Why you look so surprised?"

"Because um.." I nodded sarcastically as she stumbled over her words. "I didn't think you'd be up so.. so fast."

"Mhm." I opened her car door and motioned her to get in. "There's a cop watching from the third story so be cool, stop looking scared and laugh." She gulped before forcing a laugh and getting into the car while I smiled, subtly looking up to see the cop watching from the room I was just in. "Listen, I'd usually hold a gun to someone's head but, considering the situation, I can't do that." I crouched down and stared into her eyes harshly. "Who set me up?"

"What?" She questioned immediately.

My jaw clenched and I let out a heavy sigh. "I don't like repeating myself."

Her head shook as she gripped the steering wheel with one hand. "I.. I don't know, I helped you-"

"Maybe you felt guilty and changed your mind. Was it Abraham? One of Paulo's boys?" Sh looked utterly confused and it made my doubts grow but she could also just be a bomb ass actor. This was Los Angeles. "Which one did you text that I was here?"