Chapter fifteen

"You're lucky you have a concussion or I'd slap you." My mom said with a glare, her arms crossed. "I always told you since you were fifteen Hikaru, the police stop you.."

"Comply and keep my hands visible." I mumbled and nodded affirmatively. "But he was sweating me for no reason mama, I couldn't just-"

"Aht." She cut off with her hand raised, head shaking. "I don't wanna hear what I already know. This is America, it doesn't matter if you were doing nothing baby, the way you look.. they'll use that as their excuse." She bent down and cupped my face before placing a kiss on my forehead. "I could've lost you today because of your stubborn ass attitude. Please."

"I know, I'm sorry." I rubbed her back before laying on the couch again. "Thank Jhené cause a lot more would've happened if she didn't say something."

My mom looked at Jhené who was sitting on the other couch with a small smile. "I owe her more than a thank you. She's been keeping you out of trouble since you were fifteen." I rolled my eyes as they both laughed. "Thank you for taking this knuckle head back by the way. She was only tamed when she was dating you."

"Ma..." I mumbled and gave her a look to which she raised her hands.

"Fine. I need to run to the pharmacy to pick up your medication anyways." She pressed another kiss to my forehead before picking up her purse, pulling it over her shoulder. "Take care of my baby, Jhené."

"I will Miss Tanaka." She responded with a smile.

I grinned at my mom and watched her out of the door before looking at Jhené. "Why are you so far from me, come here." I said childishly with my hands up. She giggled but stood up from the couch, moving to sit next to me. I draped my arm over her shoulder and pulled her into my chest as I pecked her forehead. "You really a ride or die cuh, you hid my gun." She laughed into my chest. "No for real..." I pulled her back and stared at her seriously. "You didn't have to.. your prints was all over it and he could've found that shit so, Thank you."

She could sense my serious tone so she nodded, caressing my jaw line with her thumb before leaning forward, softly pecking my lips. "I always got you babe. I'd go up to bat for you every time."

"My nigga." I sung out playfully and kissed her neck. "I ain't letting you go, that's on crip."

"Yeah you better not." She said before leaning back on my chest, her hair covering her face as I pulled out my phone and went to Instagram. "What are you doing?"

"Making a story. Unless you wanna let everyone know you're my girl, put your head back down." She snorted but lowered her head and pulled up her hood. I went to the story shits and flipped the cameras prepared to make a video. "These niggas yo.. these fuckin cops really tried me tonight. Fucked up my head but I don't care about that. When you pull a gun out on my girl is when shit gets personal. I'm coming for both your jobs Greg and Paul, whatever the fuck your names are." Jhené quietly laughed into my chest and I chuckled looking down, my head shaking at the easily tickled girl. "Anyways, full story coming soon and better believe I'm getting paid by the end of it yo."

I let go of the button and looked down to see it was two videos long. "Ah you can see me a little." Jhené said as I showed her. "Well, you can see my jacket."

"The same jacket you wore for you triggered video right?" I said while typing up a caption.

"Yeah.. yeah it is." I looked at her with a smirk as she stared at me in adoration. "You watch my music videos?"

"Every one bae." I responded subconsciously, sharing the video before sitting my phone back down and looking up to see her still cooing. "Bro stop." I laughed and pushed her forehead before slowly laying my head back, wincing at the slight pain of the stitches. "Shit man this hurt like hell."