Taepyo♡Block B

ANGST WHERE TAEIL MASSIVELY MISUNDERSTANDS HIS YOUNGER BOYFRIEND, AND ENDS UP LEAVING HIM THINKING ITS FOR THE BEST
¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

3 years. 3 years together.

4 years ago he had met the love of his life. A year later they had confessed and started a relationship. The two had felt almost made for eachother, both of them had what the other was looking for, or- so Taeil had thought originally.

Jihoon loved kids, and I mean loved. You should see the smile on his face, as if his whole world lights up when he visits his sister and sees her 1-year-old daughter. Jihoon had brought up the topic of children a few times before, only for an awkward nod and mumbled in return..

"Tae?" He felt himself being nudged before looking up to meet the eyes of his younger boyfriend. "Ah sorry.. I must have spaced out again." He stated looking down again with a small smile, he had a tendency to do that often, let his thoughts take control. He tried his best not too- it just, didn't always work for him. He wasn't good at handling his thoughts, which was a reason why he enjoyed spending time with the younger, his ever bright smile and positive energy always cheered Taeil up when he needed it most.

"Are.. you okay?" Jihoon asked, concern clear in his voice. "Jihoon-" There was a pause whilst the elder tried to collect his words. "If you had the chance to start a family, would you take it?"

Jihoon's expression changed into an unreadable one as he looked at his smaller boyfriend, wondering why he was suddenly asking such a big question "what do you mean..?"

"Like, say.. if you could have children, would you take that opportunity?" Jihoon quickly nodded, perking up a little in his seat next to the older, "of course! I'd love to have a kid of my own one day, I'd love to take care of a young one and play with them all day just- imagine being a proud father-" he trailed off, looking happy. Unknowing of the older's thoughts that suddenly clouded his mind upon hearing this response.

There were a few minutes silence before Jihoon noticed the other hadn't said anything. He turned, looking down at his lover before placing a hand on his shoulder gently "Taebae, you alright?" The younger joked, hoping to earn at least a smile from the other out of the cringy nickname he used. But no. Nothing.

He was starting to worry until Taeil lifted his head, he opened his mouth to speak, then closed it again. Bringing the worry instantly back to jihoon.

"I-I can't do this-" Taeil felt his voice crack as he tried to hold his emotions back. Not wanting the younger to see him sad. "Taeil? Baby what do you m-"

"I'm breaking up with you."

Jihoon felt his whole world crashing down around him. Tears began pricking his eyes as he took in the other's words. "What.." he couldn't even piece together a sentence from what he was trying to comprehend. 'Why? Why now?' He thought. They had been together for years and when Jihoon had decided this was it, Taeil was the one it all just- ended. So quick.

"I hope you can be happy and have that f-family you wanted. I'm sorry I have to leave you, and for everything. I'm so sorry-" Taeil could hear his voice failing him as he stood up, glancing at the younger once, seeing the tears in his eyes. Before making a quick exit out the apartment, not wanting to look back. He though he had made the right decision and didn't want the look of the teary-eyed younger to change his mind. He was tired of that overwhelming feeling, the one that made him feel he was holding Jihoon back... he wanted nothing more than for Jihoon to be happy as he deserved to be.

🌷

It had been around 2 months since the break up now. Taeil wanted Jihoon back so bad, but he knew he mustn't be selfish. He made his decision for the better, he really did want the younger to be happy.

He had received a fair share of angry messages from the many of Jihoon's friends, but he knew he couldn't let them get to him. He did this for Jihoon. So he could be happy with the family he always wanted.

Until, one evening, there came a knock at the door. Taeil dragged his lazy body over to answer it but what stood in front of him was the one thing he had least expected.

Pyo Jihoon.

It had been ages since Taeil had last seen the tall male that stood before him now. He looked awful, as if he hadn't eaten properly in a while, he seemed pale too. But what stood out most to Taeil was the tears. There were tears running down the younger's face.

Taeil froze up, not knowing what to do, yet before he could even do anything, Jihoon had stepped forward and wrapped his arms tightly around the older, enveloping Taeil into his much larger frame. Once he had that grip, he was determined not to let go.

Taeil was just stood, not even breathing at the moment. What was happening? Was he being hugged by the boy whose heart he had broken? Eventually, he came to. And meekly hugged the taller back.

They stood like that for a while. Just holding eachother. Taeil could hear soft sniffles coming from the other and eventually pulled away, observing the face of the younger. "Have you been eating well..?" He questioned, looking into Jihoon's eyes. Who replied with a short shake of his head.

Taeil sighed before taking his old lover's hand and leading him into Taeil's new apartment where he led him straight into the kitchen and sat him down on a stool. From there he got his apron and rolled up his sleeves, determined to take care of the younger...

-2 hours later-

Taeil had just finished hand feeding a plate of kimbap to the younger and they sat just taking in the quiet, neither knowing quite what to say to the other.

Eventually Jihoon spoke up. "I get it now, I finally get why you did what you did." Taeil looked up at him, kind of surprised by the younger's words. "It took me a while, I couldn't wrap my head around it, I thought the two of us were working so well. I kept replaying your words over and over in my head and then I realised it- you were trying to help me, but you misunderstood me." Jihoon turned to the smaller boy next to him with a smile and took his hand.

"Yes, I wanted kids, so bad. But I didn't want to find a woman to give me kids-" Taeil looked at the younger in confusion before Jihoon continued, "I wanted kids with you silly~" he smiled, causing Taeil's heart to stop. He wanted what?

Taeil realised his mistake, and he groaned, face planting the counter only to hear giggles beside him and his hand being squeezed.

"Lee Taeil." He stated, causing said person to lift their head to look at Jihoon. "You think you can take big ol' me back, and we can try for this family thing properly? The three of us?"

Taeil smiled and nodded, gripping Jihoon's hand back before he paused. "Wait, three?" Jihoon laughed before taking out his phone. "I actually found someone that I wanted you to meet, all that time ago-" he turned his phone screen around to show a very small, young boy who looked no older than 2 maybe, at a push.

"Oh gosh, he's cute! Is he really.. ours?" Taeil lifted his head, gazing back into his lover's eyes, feeling glad he could call them his again. "Yup! I visited a few times down at the orphanage while we were still together and when I realised why you did what you did, I instantly went down to the orphanage to sign some adoption papers, we get to pick him up tomorrow afternoon." Jihoon stated, beaming happily.

"Oh my- Iloveyousomuch-" Taeil jumped onto Jihoon, hugging him tightly. He couldn't believe it. He was going to have a family with the love of his life, everything was finally perfect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Requested by: _CrossGeneFlower_
I hope this was good enough, thank you for the request !! <3