Chapter 4

We got back to the camp and because Levi was pissed off at me, he made me tend to the bloody horses.
"There you go horsey" I said in a baby voice to the horse, shutting the door for the stable.
"Horsey?" Someone asked from behind me.
"Eren, right" I said smiling.
"Yeah. Guessing you pissed Levi off then?" He said looking around.
"Yeah. All I did was swap and-"
"-wait, they let you swap?"
"Yeah, I know the king and the commander and they know my abilities and said I could swap? Why is everyone so concerned with me swapping?"
"It's just they don't normally let people swap"
"Well they need all the scouts they can get. Especially well equipped ones"
"Well equipped?"
"Yeah, well equipped with athletic abilities, fighting abilities, a tactical, logical mindset."
"Oh and I'm guessing your well equipped then?"
"You betcha"
He laughed. "So, you and Jean, hey" he said smiling.
"There is no me and Jean. Were really good friends. Well, he's kinda my only friend here. It's rough being the new kid."
"I'm your friend..."
"You are?"
"I became your friend the moment you didn't freak when I became a Titan. The amount of hassle I had from that."
"You saved my life, Titan or not. Thank you for that by the way" I said smiling.
"No problem, my pleasure."
"But, you did kinda push a Titan on top of a house I was in..." I winked and smiled before walking to a different horse. He followed me.
"I really didn't mean to...how's your foot anyway?"
"Sore, but I'll live. Had much worse"
"Really, like what?"
"Well, I was dragged along the floor today and Jean saw blood but I managed to lie." I pulled up my top to reveal grazes, cuts and bruises all down my side.
"Oh my god!" He said bending down to get a closer look.
"It stings like a bitch but I don't want Levi to think I'm not cut out for this. It is only a graze"
"You need to get that checked out. An if any thing, keeping this on the down low all day, Levi will think your more then cut out for this."
"It's fine. I'll just have a shower later and rub some cold water on it."
"Well if you want, go have a shower an get dressed, there will be more clothes in your room or you to change into, then I'll come meet you and you can eat with us in the dining hall, meet some of my friends."
"Yeah, okay" I said smiling.

After Eren had shown me to my room, I had a shower and got dressed into exactly what I was wearing before (but spare clean ones) but instead of the green cape I put on a short brown jacket with the survey corps badge on it and tied my hair up into a ponytail. I walked out and Eren was waiting for me.
"You actually waited." I said smiling.
"Well I'm not going to lie to you" he said smiling. He led me to the dining hall and sat me down with all of his friends. "You already know Mikasa, Armin and Jean" he said. I nodded and smiled at all three of them. "That's Sasha" he said pointing at a girl with a plate of potatoes. "And that's connie" he said pointing at a boy with not much hair. I smiled and gave a slight wave to both of them.
"So. Are you all in Levi's squad?" I asked.
"No, only Mikasa and Eren." Armin said sounding slightly disappointed.
"Right." I said awkwardly.
"Where is she?" Someone shouted. "Where is she" they shouted again. "Naomi" she said to me with her hand on her hip. "There you are my little peach. Come come. We have some talking to do"
"But I'm hungry" I said pointing at my dinner.
"Take it with you." She said rushing off.
"See you all later" I sighed and grabbed my food an rushed off with her. She led me to two titans. I dropped my dinner straight on the floor.
"What the hell is this?" I asked.
"They're titans dear"
"I know what they are, but why are they here?"
"Science. I use to have two different ones, but sadly, they were killed." She said wiping a tear from under her glasses.
"Errm" I said extremely confused as to why she's upset two titans were killed. She put her hand out dramatically.
"I know. It's outrageous! How dare someone come an kill two defensive less creatures" she said getting close to one of the titans. He clamped down his jaw so she lunged backwards. "Oo nearly got me there" she said laughing. "but he didn't" she began pointing at the Titan. She jumped straight on the floor and lay quite close to the Titan. "Aren't they just...."
"-scary, terrifying, an abomination?" I said.
"Amazing" she looked at me an if looks could kill, I'd be dead...
"Why did you bring me here?" I asked.
"You and your brother don't care about titans. As long as you can kill them or if their name isn't Eren jaeger they're just a monster to you. Now, I cannot get through to Levi, but maybe I can to you." She sat up and held her hand out so I helped her up.
"I know you're only young, 16 or 17?"
"16...."
"And I know you're a little too young for all of this...."
"Get on with it"
"I would really like it if you could work along side me. It could convince Levi that's they're not horrible creatures"
"But they are horrible creatures"
"Please Naomi I need someone like you. Someone fast and agile. I would have preferred Levi, but you'll do"
I look at this girl. Obviously this experiment meant a lot to her.
"Fine. I'll do it. But I want to go and eat. So leave me alone for the rest of today and I will see you bright and early tomorrow"
"See you tomorrow...partner" she said lowering her glasses and giving me a dramatic wink. I swear this girl has drama queen written all over her. She's so over the top and loud.