Chapter 32 I Am Married

Start from the beginning

Kathie gasped dropping the vessel on the floor "You are here?" she was startled at his sudden appearance

'Didn't want you to have any accidents while I am here." He said looking dearly at the pink cheeks that were prominently there "and I make best coffee according to you." he made sure there wasn't much distance between them.

Now that he had a taste of her he was more attracted towards her

"You do" Kathie smiled standing aside leading him to the small kitchenette as she stood watching his muscles flex as he worked around.

She could watch him all her life.

"How are you doing?" Kathie asked. She found him lost.

"I am good. I have got home, food, new clothes" he turned around to showcase his new shirt and pants.

"And you smell amazing" Kathie bit her lip immediately.

"I am not wearing any perfume Kathie" John said lifting her chin with pointer "you like my body odor?' he pecked lightly on her lips making her long for more.

Kathie blushed again "actually our bodies are designed to emanate natural odor that could attract our sp.." Kathie stopped feeing shy all of a sudden "forget it I am blabbering.

"I am attracted towards your smell too." John winked as he offered the cup of coffee to Kathie.

"Then?" Kathie asked

"Then what?" John counter asked

"Then why are you here? What answers are you seeking?" she said

"How do you know that I am clueless." John was surprised.

"You were not humming while you were making coffee" Kathie simply shrugged at John's curious looks "You usually do that. You look a little offbeat. What is it?"

"I cannot connect" John said sipping the coffee enjoying the taste of his own coffee, he missed it.

"I mean I am with them both Mr. and Mrs. D look great. They are kind and generous and they show that they love me...."

"They show?" Kathie furrowed her brows.

"Sorry. They do love me." John hesitated "I know all this looks complicated" he paused "I feel lost"

"You have lost your memory John" she took him to the cozy well lit living room both of them seated on ivory leather sofa covered with printed linens.

John could guess the reason being Kathie's clumsiness.

"My memory" John took in another sip of the dark liquid "I wish I had a magic wand that could bring all my memory back."

"I thought Dr. Markel was helping you. He looked proficient.'

John did not reply and he looked tensed

Kathie left her mug on the glass center table not bothering to pick it since she'd dropped the mug and the liquid had spilled

She moved behind John massaging his shoulders surprised at her own bold actions.

She never did that.

John relaxed, the movement of her fingers easing the tension within him and he spoke "Dr. Markle confuses me"

Kathie wanted to ask why?' but she didn't have to. John was answering automated "he said he had frequent session with Natasha before she died but did not know that 'I was married"

Kathie stilled, her fingers stopped moving when she heard the words 'I was married", same words echoing in her ears.

John realized what he said

He pulled Kathie from her wrists and made her sit besides him "I am sorry I should have told you earlier."

Kathie simply nodded avoiding the contact.

The truth had affected her more than John could apprehend.

"You should go to her" Kathie said after a long silence that felt like hours.

"To whom?" John asked. He was not ready to let go. He had a lot to explain.

He wasn't obligated to

But he wanted to.

"Your wife" Kathie muttered.

Even if she wanted to cry she bravely held back her tears.

John's shoulders sagged "she is dead"

"I am sorry." Kathie mumbled but she did not know how she felt at the moment, mostly hurt and cheated.

"If it makes you feel any better" John said "we did not marry for love."

Kathie looked ta him with more venom

"Look I can explain it to you" John said then huffed "but I cant"

"You can try" Kathie squared her shoulders challenging him.

"It's not what you think. Its the question of national security." John moved his fingers through his hands.

"Its okay John" Kathie said meekly "you should go. Even if your wife is dead." Kathie's voice trembled at the mention of word wife

"Her name is Ayoka" John corrected immediately "Was Ayoka"

"But wife is a wife. You should go to her or her family to offer condolences instead of.." Kathie suddenly felt disgusted of the kiss.

"You are amazing Kathie. You are so right." John was enlightened and excited all of a sudden "Why didn't I think of this earlier? I should go. I should have thought this earlier. She had a sister."

Kathie simply nodded. The need to rush to her room and sob into her pillow increasing ever second.

She simply wanted to erase that kiss out of her life.

She felt like a bitch.

Although she'd never met Ayoka but she felt that she had faulted her.

"What the hell" the yell was heard from across the room and Kathie jumped on her seat "I knew it." A middle-aged lady with stout frame and dark hairs that were starting to gray from the roots shouted "you are none less than your sister. Bringing guys home, a slut. Now have you started drugs too?" she curses "Useless hoes"

"What happened." A man that John hadn't realized was there in his room all the time shouted "cant you two bitches stop for a moment and give old man some peace." With the slurring of his voice it was no brainer that he was drunk.

"Momm..." Kathie said cautiously "meet John, Danny's new tenant."

"John" she finally took a deep breath and lot of courage to introduce "my mom Martha and my dad David" she gestured the old man in raggers vest still hanging on the door with fiery eyes and drool hanging from his mouth.

"What is he doing here?" he mother spat while John had extended his hand for a shake.

John looked at her Father who looked bored "nice to meet you two" John said awkwardly.

"Now if you two F##kers have done your bit can I have some food."

"Go f##k your ass David. We aint got any food today" Martha yelled as she entered the same room before shouting "get him done with and heat the pasta in the fridge for me." She ordered as if Kathie was some waitress and not a daughter.

Kathie looked at the floor as if pleading it to open up and swallow her.

"Are you okay?" John asked although he knew she was far from it.

"I'll live." Kathie mumbled, "You should leave"

She went to see off John to the door, no words were exchanged only glances as John climbed down the stairs only coming back later and kissing Kathie on her cheeks "take care" he said when he noticed kathie wasn't detesting him he said "its only when I kissed you I remembered that I was married....

Kathie was so numb that she did not know how to react.

She simply stood watching John's retrieving figure till he was out of sight