11: Drey

I curled up in a ball wincing in pain. My period was the worst time of the month. Since I was a kid I've had debilitating cramps. My gynecologist put me on birth control as a teen, but the hormonal side effects were awful. I faced intense depression and mood swings, not to mention horrible acne when I had otherwise perfect skin. After trying two or three different prescriptions, I just gave up.

"Here you go sweetheart."

Aaliyah walked in the bedroom with a CVS prescription for my extra strength pain meds, a, Snickers with almond, Blue Bell Tin Roof ice cream, and a few more of my favorite snacks.

"Come hold me?"

"You're such a baby."

"Your baby...come here."

Aaliyah stripped down to her rose pink colored Woxer underwear and took off her t-shirt and bra. She opened the drawer and grabbed a grey tank top and put it on and got in bed with me. "Come here, boo boo." I crawled to her laying on her chest. "Mmm, boobies!" I snuggled her with a smile. "You are so silly!" She kissed my forehead and gently rubbed my body.

Me: Do you know how blessed I feel to be loved by you?

Aaliyah: Do YOU know how blessed 'EYE' feel to be loved by YOU?

Me: Tell me...

Aaliyah: I still get chills down my spine when I kiss you. It doesn't ever not feel like that first time you kissed me. You make me giddy like a little girl when she sees her best friend on the playground. I love that you love and celebrate the things that I'm most insecure about. Your touch drives me absolutely wild and I feel lucky that God gave me the most beautiful girl on the planet.

Me: When I grow up I want to have a wife and I want her to be you. I wanna show you off to the world because I'm actually the second most beautiful girl on the planet, cuz you hold the title for the first. Sometimes I just stare at you while you're sleeping because I can't believe we did this. I can't believe we made a love this beautiful, this strong, this pure. I remember how much it hurt me to think that I'd never get to profess my love to you or to know how it felt to kiss you and touch you in places unseen. For years, I imagined how soft your lips would be, how your hands would feel on my body, how it'd feel to please you and hold you and give you forehead kisses. I never imagine it'd feel the way that it does. Like, I hear people talking about their girlfriend or boyfriend and how they get tired of each other sometimes and I never feel that way about you. I never felt like I had to teach you how to love me because you've always been the person who loved me the hardest.

Aaliyah: I used to always tell myself that I'd finally tell you how I felt. Literally every time we were about to hang out or see each other, I'd rehearse what I was going to say and then I was gonna close my eyes and kiss you. But every time I saw your face, I lost the words and the courage. There'd be this voice in my head saying "Say it now." I'd think "Just start. The words will flow." But then when it finally happened and we confessed our love to each other, we didn't say much of anything. Everything just came natural and it was like both of us already knew because our hearts were connected. We didn't need to say anything.

Me: I love that you're the stud in our relationship.

Aaliyah: I am not!

Me: Remember when you told me that every time you sat between my legs to get your hair braided you wanted to just turn around and eat my pussy, who else would say that?

Aaliyah: Okay, but I ain't tryna harp on old shit but do you remember how nonchalant you were when you flat out lied to me about fucking Reneé.

Me: Okay you didn't have to go there.

Aaliyah: Maybe we both got some tendencies.