Chapter 72: Come Back Home

Start from the beginning

"Mouri? What are you still doing here?" I asked. I know that they're loyal and all but the family's dead, the contract should've ended.

"We're carrying out our duty" he replied simply.

"Duty? Well I don't care. At least I'll have some company whilst I'm here" I shrugged and started walking.

"If you need anything, we're here" replied Mouri.

"Okay!" I smiled, waving at them. I saw some new butlers standing next to him and they had a confused expression on them.

"Why would we have new butlers?" I muttered in confusion "Who hired them?"

I then continued my journey up to the Main House, reaching it after a long time. I stared up at the gate and bit my lip nervously.

Over at the right, our colourful playground was still there. The swings moved swiftly in the breeze, making the memories fly more into my mind. I walked over to the sandbox and placed my hand in the sand, stroking it slowly. My hand trailed over the wood delicately, feeling all the dents and bumps on it.

My expression turned into a shocked one when I saw little droplets of water fall onto the sand, wetting it temporarily. Gently, I lifted my hand and placed it on my cheek.

"Why am I crying" I laughed, wiping the annoying liquid from my face. Slowly, the laughing was substituted with loud sobbing. And that was substituted with anger. "Damn it why am I crying?! Aren't I over it?!" I shouted angrily at myself as I punched the floor repeatedly, making my hands bleed. "I don't care if they hated me! I don't care if they wanted to kill me! I don't care! I don't care!" I shouted once more. "I miss them..." I muttered softly, letting my sobs terminate. "I just...I just...want someone...."

Gritting my teeth tightly and clutching the rocks under me, I breathed heavily as I remembered Yutsu.

"YUTSU!" I shouted in rage, letting my emotions fall over me. I was losing control, and I just let it. A feeling suffocated me and I gritted my teeth at the pain. What was happening?!

"Y/N" came a voice. Suddenly, everything ceased. My breath returned and I looked up at the sky. I heard footsteps behind me. I took a deep breath and turned around. "Y/N" repeated the voice, walking up to me. Looking up, my body got up by itself and made its way to the person. I opened my arms and hugged him as tight as I can, still not believing it. "Y/N, you're back?" said the man.

"Tsu-Tsurugi?"

"Yeah" he nodded, looking a bit confused. We stayed in that position for a while until I broke it off.

"What happened?!" I asked him.

"I should be asking you that" he replied.

"What?"

"Now now, let's go inside and chat about all of that stuff" he laughed and we walked inside. We sat at the dining room and he ordered the servants to get us food.

"It's been a while, you've grown....What did you do when you left?" He asked me.

"I started training right away. Then after 4 years, I joined the Hunter's Exam and met people there that are still with me up until now" I said

"So you made friends" he said.

"Yeah, friends are something that everyone needs. They fill up every empty space in your heart. I learned that from staying with them and going on many adventures" I said, smiling ever so slightly as image after image of everyone appeared in my head.

"That's why we're not allowed to have friends. Because they fill the empty places with useless things like friendship when it should be other things. Assassins don't need friends" he said seriously. I tensed up at this and there was a pause. "But I don't really care, why are you back here?" He asked.

"Well it seems like my real Nen is sealed within me and that I've been using an external aura for the past months. That aura was destroyed and now I'm left auraless. I have to get rid of the seal and let my Nen out"

"Oh, so it's finally happened" he said.

"What do you mean?"

"We were expecting it to happen but not this early"

"'We'...? Elaborate"

"I'm not really sure about the whole thing. But it all started when we were at uncle's house"

"What happened?"

"We went there for the usual business and us kids were outside playing. You were 5 at the time and was playing in the sandbox with Killua and some servants. I was fighting with Milluki when all of a sudden we saw a huge white light come from your direction. We watched as something possessed you and your eyes went white. You killed the 2 servants and was about to kill Killua when Yutsu and Illumi both managed to hold you down with their own Nen. I remember Mother went over and knocked you out and Auntie went over to the meeting room to call Uncle and Father"

"I nearly killed Killua?" I asked in confusion.

"Yeah. Anyways, Grandfather, Uncle and Father spoke to Yutsu and Illumi and they took you away. After that, you, Yutsu and Mother stayed in the Main Family's house when me and Father went back. Mother came back after 2 weeks and then Yutsu and Uncle brought you back after a month"

"Uncle?! Then it must've been serious...Maybe they sealed my Nen that time. But why would they...?"

"You know the concept of Nen right? That means you know that if someone didn't know how to control their Nen, it can kill them. And Nen after death is the most terrifying"

"Oh. So that's why they sealed it...Okay then I'll just ask Uncle to unseal it" I said simply.

"Do you really think it's that easy?" He said with a serious look, standing up.

"I'm a member of the Family. I've been training and going on jobs ever since I can remember. If I can't handle my own Nen, then I'm a failure. And anyways, I have people waiting for me, I have to get back to them as quickly as possible" I said, smirking.

"'Going on jobs ever since I can remember'? What are you talking about? You've never gone out of the house once" he said, looking back at me, confused.

"What?"

"You have never set foot outside this house"

_____________________

Oooh! Your amazing author came at you with a suspicious twist😉😜
What do you think?

As always I hope you enjoyed this and thank you for reading!