Chapter 67: A Mysterious Woman

We reached the borders. The twin trees greeted us with their might. Killua carried Gon the whole way, who was still knocked out.

Me and Killua didn't utter a single word to each other. He put Gon down gently, leaning him on a tree. I made my way to river that was behind the tree and fell on my knees. Tears that built up before were streaming down my face.

They weren't sorrowful tears, they weren't joyful tears either. I didn't know what kind of tears they were; they just cascaded down my cheeks, and that's about it.

"Y/N" came Killua's voice. I gasped, perking up and quickly shoving my head in the water, hoping the traces of me crying will be washed away.

"A-Ahhh t-that felt good" my voice shook. Killua came up to me and stood right behind me. There was a pause.

"K-Killua, d-do you think that...that he survived?" I asked, biting my quivering lip harshly, trying to keep the tears away.

"I don't know. But they sent over reinforcements" he said.

"R-Reinforcements? D-Does that mea-"

"I don't know. The car is waiting. Let's go" he interrupted.

At that, the tears exploded once more. I didn't know why. I've always succeeded in hiding my emotions, not crying unless I was by my self. So why? Why couldn't I control it? Killua came in front of me and hugged me.

"I'm sorry" he said, sighing.I buried my face into his bare chest and kept crying.

"N-No...I'm sorry" I said in between sobs.

I hate myself.

I look weak.

I was taught to never show emotions. Emotions are weak. Crying is weak.

Killua held me tightly and patted my back.

"Let's go now. Don't worry about it" he said, letting go and getting up.

I sniffled and washed my face with the water. Getting up, I followed Killua to the car and we found Gon sleeping inside. We sat on the chairs and stayed silent the whole way through. Throughout the whole ride, Killua was staring at two blocks that he held in his hands.

..................................................................................................................................................

Gon slept peacefully on the bed of the hotel that we rented. Killua sat at the end of the bed and I sat on the couch, not far from them both. I played with the fabric of my dress, too tired to go and change.

"Killua" said Gon. Me and Killua whipped our heads in Gon's direction. He was sitting up, looking at us both. "Thanks" he said. Killua looked down, his face looking sad.

"Why would you thank me?" he asked in a low voice.

"Weren't you the one who stopped me? Had I lost control back there, I would've gotten in Kite's way" said Gon, removing the bed sheets and sitting on the bed. "Then all four of us would've died"

"But I...I let Kite die" said Killua.

"Kite is alive!" said Gon, making me and Killua shocked. "He would never let that thing beat him! But considering his injury, he'd have a hard time moving around. So he's probably hiding somewhere. Waiting for us to return! So we should hurry back...Once were stronger. To save Kite!" said Gon, smiling. Killua's shocked face turned into a smile and he nodded. I stared at the two boys and got up.

"I suddenly feel like having a shower and getting stronger" I said suddenly. They both looked at me and started laughing.

"Showering is always your priority" laughed Gon.