Chapter 30

Maybe this is pretty late but try to remember this〜Sunpaw is long red furred. Shimmerpaw is a yellow tabby. 

Sunpaw's paws were about to fall off and stumble on the sand. Her legs felt like stick and she couldn't feel like her legs were attached to her bodies. The pad of her paw stung and she kept cursing the sand that sunk her paws each step she took.

But finally, her effort and her stinging paws had carried the three cats to the nofur camp. The beach was still around them, but the nofur's camp ground was hard as the hardest rock that survived the hit of a wave many moons.

"Walk along the wall." Shimmerpaw ordered. "Sometimes, there are monsters that rumble on it. I wish to travel on the roof, but nofurs get mad when we do that."

"Monsters?" Crystalpaw said curiously. "What—,"

Before the young curious medicine cat could finish off her words, the ground rumbled. It felt as if the ground had turned into a wave to Sunpaw. All cats froze as they leaned as close as they can to the wall. Than the monster came. It had four paws, but they were round and rolling. The chest and the back was hard and straight and it had no tail. Inside, a nofur was eaten but Sunpaw could not sense fear in it. But what suprised the wise two older she cats was that the monster had a horn.

"That," Sunpaw let her breath out when the monster left. "Is a monster."

"The nofur was eaten!" Crystalpaw gasped in horror. She stumbled against the wall, fur straightened and muscles tensed. 

"Every monster eats at least one nofur." Shimmerpaw explained. She coughed a little than moaned. "And the air they breath out stinks!"

Sunpaw had the stench of a monster in her thick pelt. The smell was so bad that it made her sigh that she had to groom it with her tongue later. 

"Their keeping a monster, inside their camp? How stupid is that? Are they hostages or something?" Crystalpaw panicked as fi she was being captured.

Shimmerpaw shook her fur then answered. "The nofur and the monster seems to cooperate. I once saw a nofur getting out of the monster's stomache."

Dazed, Crystalpaw was angry to herself what a shocking creature nofurs and monsters are. 

"Now," Sunpaw settled things down. "I believe we shall talk about the prophecy now we are this far. Surely the nofur camp would have something to do with it." 

Shimmerpaw gave a quick nod. "Sure. Let's go over there than."

The yellow tabby flicked her tail to a damp place that seemed to be out of sight from anything. Silently, the three she cats gestured and hid in the sight of nofurs. Sunpaw had a prickle of scare when she crossed by a nofur just a rabbit ear length close.

"We traveled towards where the sun rises. And now we made it to here." Sunpaw meowed. "And now what? I didn't meet any cats that looks like a threat to the clans. In fact, the cats we saw or passed by were all just peaceful little kittypets!"

Crystalpaw had a serious face on. "Maybe..."

But her words stopped. Sunpaw scowled, "Maybe what?" Her inpatients was almost coming to the verge.

Crystalpaw seemed nervous. But she meowed, "Maybe we should cross the ocean. If nofur is allied with the monsters, perhaps they know a way to swim better. Maybe even better than MorningClan warriors."

It was a dum suggestion, but seeing monsters made Sunpaw felt the possibility. Shimmerpaw added,

"The direction that the sun rises end at the ocean. The ocean is their nest at rising. But if we traveled across," Shimmperpaw took a deep breath. "Maybe we would find more. What we never saw of."