VII

Days later, Jimin pulls out his phone to check the date for the third time that hour. With a disappointed whine, he slumps closer to Yoongi's side. The older presses a kiss to the top of his head, pulling him closer.

"What's wrong, baby?"

The nickname once again sends butterflies flying throughout Jimin's stomach; they are quickly quieted when Jimin reminds himself that the name doesn't mean anything romantic. Yoongi didn't say anything about having even the slightest interest in Jimin, even after their first kiss. Maybe it was just a friend thing and he didn't mean it...

"You're leaving tomorrow..." He mumbles, still disappointed. "What am I gonna do without you here?"

"Well, look at the bright side. We still have Skype and messages, right?"

Jimin nods, letting his head hang slightly.

"B-But... I want you here. With me!" his lips curl into a pout.

"I promise I'll come back as soon as I can. I won't be able to stay away from you for too long," Yoongi chuckles, trying to help the younger feel better.

"If you say so..." he mumbles quietly, shifting to cling to Yoongi even more.

"Are you ready to get to sleep yet, baby mochi?" Yoongi asks as he comfortingly moves his thumb around in circles on the small of Jimin's back. The action alone is enough to make him feel even more sleepy, drowning in the comfort that is Yoongi's touch. He manages a simple nod and he squeals as he feels himself being scooped up.

"H-Hyung, w-what are you-"

"I'm carrying you, silly," Yoongi smiles. The closer he gets to Jimin's room, the tighter the younger clings around his neck; he knows that in the morning, Yoongi will have to leave. He doesn't want to sleep.

Yoongi gently lays Jimin on his bed, making sure he's comfortable sleeping in the oversized t-shirt (that is actually Yoongi's, but who cares? He thinks it's adorable) and sweatpants that he is currently wearing.

"I-I don't want you to leave..." Jimin mumbles against his pillow.

"I don't want to leave either, baby."

Jimin smiles when Yoongi runs his hand through his hair and ruffles it.

"N-No... I mean like... r-right now."

Yoongi raises an eyebrow and asks for clarification.

"C-Can you stay with me tonight?"

Yoongi's heart swells so much that it spreads to his lips, causing a grin to appear on his face.

"Of course. Anything for my baby." Yoongi pauses for a second, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. "I-I don't really have night clothes..." He mentions, gesturing down at his t-shirt and sweats. Jimin thinks for a moment before coming up with a solution, looking away to save himself from embarrassment.

"Y-You can just sleep without your shirt," he says quietly. Yoongi hesitates slightly but mumbles a short 'alright' before slipping off his shirt and climbing into the bed next to Jimin. He instantly moves closer to Yoongi as the older wraps his arms around him, holding him in his comforting embrace. Jimin hums quietly as his senses are overtaken by Yoongi; he's all he can see, all he can smell, all he can feel.

Yoongi presses a sweet kiss to Jimin's forehead, and even though he isn't one for singing, he begins to hum a song as the boy in his arms slowly drifts to sleep.

~ ~ ~

Jimin shifts slightly as he slowly wakes up, mumbling a quiet 'morning hyung' before yawning. When no reply came, he quickly sits up and looks around. The pillows and comforter were shifted around but there was no sign of Yoongi. Before Jimin could muster tears of disappointment, a piece of paper catches his eye.