One Night

°°

Austin and I found a room inside the house. "Finally somewhere quiet." Austin chuckled. We both sat side by side on a couch in the room.

"Is it okay if I ask, what you meant by 'it's different'?" I asked. He nodded.

"Like AC said, I'm newly single to the dating world." He began. I nodded slowly waiting for him to continue. "I recently got divorced with my ex wife of 3 years." He continued.

"Not to be all in your business, but may I ask why you got divorced?" I asked nervously.

"It's fine. I've never really opened up about this to anyone. And I feel like I need to." He replies twiddling with his hands.

"I'm all ears Austin." I responded to him putting my hand on his shoulder.

"My ex wife, she said something like how she didn't feel sparks anymore. That broke me, but what broke me more is when she said she has been seeing somebody behind my back." He stuttered.

"Austin, I'm so sorry." I said pulling in for a hug.

"You're a really good person Dani. Don't forget that." He said into our hug.

"That means a lot Austin." I replied. It was true. I made mistakes in the past, but those mistakes helped me change as a person. I wanted to be something different. We pulled away from our hug. It was silent for a while, only distant music playing in the background through the speakers on the other side of the house. I turned to Austin.

"I think we should-" I began to say. I felt a pair of lips push themselves against mine. Those lips being Austin. I didn't pull away. It wasn't a regular meaningless kiss. It was different. Sparks. Soon, it began to lead us further, far away from just a regular kiss. I was straddling him, my hands made their way through his curly brown hair. I wasn't thinking. I has just met this guy. This sweet guy. But would soon turn to just a one night stand.

°°