Chapter 89 - Twenty With A Child

Maya and Josh woke up practically early and not even because of Ruby but because of some huge racket that caused them to wake up and then half an hour later their daughter.
Maya found it very annoying while Josh wanted to strangle people for construction working at four am.

Neither of them got a good night rest due to Ruby fussing and needed just a bit more sleep than they actually got.
The working was also maybe a bit too loud for Ruby's little ears.
Maya was swaddling her child around trying to make the noise less loud but it didn't help.
There they were, at five am, trying to calm a three month baby down.

"How can they do this to people?" Josh asked as he looked at Maya.
"Much of a birthday it is to you," Maya said smiling.
"It's okay, Baby. Hey," Maya said as she pulled Ruby up to her chest.
"This is actually annoying," Maya said sighing.
"Okay. Enough. Give her to me then you go get dressed. We can't stay here like this till eight. I'll take us out for a drive somewhere. Out for breakfast or so. We can't do this," Josh said as Maya handed Ruby over to him.
"Good plan," Maya said as she went to her bedroom.

She quickly got dressed and then she took Ruby to get her dressed giving her husband time to get ready himself.
This was actually their first real crisis as new parents and it wasn't exactly the perfect one to deal with either.
After everyone got ready they put Ruby in her seat driving off.

Maya's outfit

Ruby's outfit

Ruby's outfit

Ruby's car seat

Ruby's car seat

~

It was half past seven and at the moment both Josh and Maya had calmed down even more than their daughter who was fast asleep in the car seat.
Maya smiled as she looked behind her to her child sleeping.

"One thing less to worry," Maya said.
"Gosh, I'm gonna go and tell these people to stop. Really. They can't do that each morning so early," Josh said.
"Calm down, Babe. It's okay. We can get out like this each morning. I actually like it. Much of a birthday this is to you," Maya said.
"It's the greatest one I've ever had actually. Because I get to share it with my girlfriend and my daughter," Josh said as Maya gave him a kiss.