Chapter 12 - Riley's Birthday

Wednesday, 7 December 2016.
Riley Matthews is officially fifteen years old.
Maya woke up early so she could go to Riley's before school.
But she has to say she really did love times like this where she could see Josh again.
She hasn't seen him since their movie weekend and that was awhile back.
She was missing him like crazy and even though they do have phone contact she didn't actually feel like they had any contact.

Riley and her parents were at the breakfast table eating breakfast when they heard a knock on the door.
Cory and Topanga looked at each other while Auggie was the one opening the door.

"Hi Buddy," Maya said as she rubbed Auggie's hair.
"Hey Maya. Come in."
"Thanks. Hey. Happy Birthday," Maya said and gave Riley a hug.
"Thanks Maya," Riley said and Maya gave her a box.
"You didn't. What did you get me?" Riley asked.
"Open it up," Maya said.
"What about some breakfast?" Topanga asked.
"I already ate," Maya said and Riley screamed.
"A wallet. Thanks Peaches."
"No problem but please be quiet. Think my ears exploded," Maya said.

~

Later that night.

It was around six and everybody was busy celebrating Riley's birthday.
Josh had came over just like Maya thought and immediately these two got into a conversation.
It wasn't weird since they have been seeing each other a lot with being friends and so.
But they were a lot more comfortable then previous days.
Riley smiled as she saw how the two of them just relaxed and Maya finally fell into the rest of the gang's conversations and didn't just talk to Josh.
One thing she could always wish for is for her best friend to be comfortable with her uncle and finally she was.