Chapter 65 - Gender

Friday, April 7the and Maya is walking around the apartment trying to forget about what the day is.
Today they finally find out what is going to happen with the gender and later this afternoon everyone is going to their place so they can share the gender.
Maya was super excited but also nervous.
What is going to happen right now is what is going to change her and Josh's lives.
But she knows she can also get a lot of judgment on this one as well.

"Maya, stop walking around. Sit down," Josh said and Maya did so.
"I'm nervous. This is going to change our entire life. Hearing if we have a baby boy or girl. I know we can't go wrong, either way we are going to love our child just the way he or she is but it doesn't mean I'm any less nervous," Maya said.
"Think of it like this, in just a few minutes we are finding out whether we are having a boy or a girl, yes. But also we are finding out if we are going to have a son or a daughter. Our daughter would be taught all of the important things about how she is going to face high school and eventually cope with her feelings while if we have a son he is going to learn how to handle a girl and how to provide for his family one day. Either way we are excited. And who knows, maybe this isn't the last one. You ready?" Josh asked.
"Yeah, let's go," Maya said.

~

It was late the afternoon and the entire apartment was full with the Matthews.
Cory and his family, Josh's parents as well as Eric and Morgan are there then there is all of Maya's friends and her parents.
About sixteen people if not more in one apartment which they never thought would happen.
The entire apartment was actually very decorated.
There were balloons hanging around and a tabel full food.
Shawn and Katy were looking around the apartment as well as all of Maya's friends.

"Wow, Maya. This place is amazing. I never thought your mother would have a apartment like this, Alan," Shawn said.
"Yeah, she did. She only bought it for a a few years back and we never really discussed to which grandchild it would go. Seems like she was very fond about my youngest," Alan said.
"Okay you guys ready?" Josh asked as he carried out the cake which they had picked up.

"What is this? Thought it was just going to be a saying thing. Not something this fancy," Cory said.
"This is just something small. What we are actually doing is the old balloon reveal," Maya said.
"Balloon reveal?" Katy asked and Maya smiled.
"Were going to pop some balloons to reveal the gender," Josh said
"Okay, let's do this," Maya said as she went to stand next to Josh.

Everyone stood in front of them next to each other and Joshaya each grabbed a balloon.
They smiled at each other as they were getting prepared to know the gender.
They each grabbed a needle and popped the balloons.
Streamers came out and everyone gasped.