Chapter 22 - The Simple Things He Do

Days passed by after the incident that caused Chaeyoung to be called Mrs.Jeon and since then things got quiet down.

People in the office stop gossiping about their relationship well not all people some females still love to bully her with a nasty remarks, but she just let them be at least not everyone is evil now , which makes chaeyoung felt at ease because she doesn't have to feel self conscious by the looks they often gave her whenever she passes by anymore.

Sometimes she did feel like the things that everyone have said before, like how she is not compatible to be with someone like jungkook and how jungkook deserve someone so much better did affect her a little.

'Maybe more than a little'

But park chaeyoung is a positive person, even though she feel sad but she will not let that negative thought ruining her spirit.

But what they said did makes her think about her status and her boyfriend high status in this society.

This is the very first time she is in a relationship. everything is new to her and she is learning new feelings and new things everyday with him.

The simple things he did was the most memorable.

Like how he always remember her favorite dishes in any restaurant they visited. Even her favorite junk foods menu.

He always makes sure to hold her hand everytime they go out just in case she got lost because she's easily distracted by anything.

And he will kiss her knuckle everytime she get nervous in a crowded places especially when they will always be the center of attention. "Heads up chae, why are you hiding my favorite view" or "you're okay chae, i'm here" was the things he always says whenever that occurred.

He stack a bunch of disney movies in his office because she accompany him everyday and he didn't want her to get bored.

He listen. He listen to her stupid rambling, he always listen to her whether it's about foods or even some weird topics that she tend to rambles about, stuffs like alien or more weird questions for example "jungkook, how long do you think astronauts take when they are taking a bath ? Because the water are floating so it must be hours right ?" She once ask that out of curiosity and he still listen, he even stopped working for a while.

He let her take some of his foods whenever they go out because he knew how much she can eat.

All in all. He is perfect.

The simple things he did for her.

She didn't realize that jungkook is staring at her right now wondering what is going on in her head to cause such silence and chaeyoung didn't even realize it until she heard her name "Chae, a penny for your thoughts ?" He ask "you're being too silent" he added.

"It's nothing kookie" she shook her head quickly after realizing she must be too busy with her thoughts.

"Come here" he suddenly said motioning her to walk closer "i thought we promise not to hide anything to each other ?"

She walks closer until she arrives and she suddenly is being pull to sit on his lap "what is it chae ?" He ask while rubbing her back gently

"It's nothing, seriously" she sigh "i'm just being stupid"

"I just felt like sometimes, you deserve more" she said while playing with his hand out of nervousness

Okay. Jungkook knows where this is going "more ?"

"Yup. More than me" she still playing with his hand like it is the most interesting thing to see right now.

He hates this. He really do. And he want to choke that anyone who dare to put such negative words into her head.

"I did feel like i deserve more" he answered which shock her and she stop playing with his hand feeling like she want to cry.

She's too plain for someone like him.

"But i got more than i deserved when you decide to say yes to me that night" he grab her hand "you're more than i deserve chae, i should be the one feeling insecure"

"You don't know how many death glares i gave to the people especially the male populations who look at you like they can talk or even be close to you"

"Don't let those stupid thoughts linger around that pretty head of yours" he flick her forehead softly before giving a soft peck on her forehead.

"Just think about positive thoughts like how handsome and hot your boyfriend is" he said which makes her giggles.

"You love yourself too much" she replied back with a flick on his forehead and they laugh together.

She want to get up from his lap so he can continue on his work that he left just to make her feel better.

"Where do you think you're going missy" he held her tighter "i need some mental support to finish reading these dreadful reports"

And so she continues sitting on his lap while he is reading all the reports sometimes she help him read some of it.

Maybe because his scent or his hug is too comfortable that she is feeling sleepy.

Not long after that he felt soft breath on his neck and he know that she fall asleep.
He just let her be because she might be tired.

He looks at their linked hand kiss her a goodnight sleep. "Sleep tight Mrs. Jeon"

--

When his secretary Miss Eunha comes in to remind him about his schedules tomorrow , she was about to tell the schedules until she stops after seeing her CEO finger telling her to shut up.

"Mrs.Jeon is sleeping right now, you can just text me the schedules" he said still holding chaeyoung tightly on his lap while chaeyoung is hugging his waist with her head buried on his neck.

"O-okay sajangnim" and then she proceed to slowly leave his office even closing the door slowly.

Jeon jungkook knows that his secretary takes a huge part on bullying chaeyoung with all the rumours and gossips.

Especially since he knew thay eunha has a crush on him.

He wants to fire her but then people will start a new gossips about him mixing work with relationship.

That's why he always said chaeyoung as Mrs. Jeon in front of eunha or any other employees because he want people to stop gossiping about how their relationship was just a forced one or because jungkook is just playing with chaeyoung.

He said that as warning to eunha because he knew that she is the leader of the group who still make some nasty remarks to his girlfriend.

He wants them to respect chaeyoung as they respect him.