Inexistent Shadows of Fear

Start from the beginning

Y/N: i don't think i can cope with all this. too many goals and too much pressure

Namjoon: who's pressurising u?

Y/N: everyone around me

Namjoon: be honest to me, is everyone pressurising u or is it only yourself?

Y/N: fine it's myself

Namjoon: exactly. its not the end of the world you flopped here

Y/N: to me it is. i'm an a+ student

Namjoon: i know u r but a few failed tests won't dictate ur life

Y/N: what if they do

Namjoon: they can't no matter how much u say

Y/N: i'm scared

Namjoon: i'm coming over

Y/N: u don't have to

Y/N: its been great to finally talk to u. u know, i wanted to text u earlier this week when things were starting to get bad but i was afraid i was going to vent my anger at u and then u wouldn't understand me. guess i was wrong

Namjoon: princess, u can talk to me abt anything. and i do have to come over.

Y/N: u don't have to come over honestly. i feel a thousand times lighter after talking to u

Namjoon: not only for ur ask but my own i do have to come over. do u have any idea how long its been since i saw u?

Namjoon: besides, today is a friday

Y/N: fine if its causing u no trouble then come over. u have ARMYs to impress and for that u can't use ur energy on me

Namjoon: don't be so modest i know u want me to come over badly

Y/N: HOW DID U KNOW???

Namjoon: we're soulmates for a reason :)

Namjoon: be over in twenty minutes moon child

Y/N: okay my source of vitamin D 24/7

Your POV

After venting my anger out at Joonie, I feel a thousand times lighter than before. I was afraid he wouldn't get me but I guess I was wrong. And he's right. It's not the end of the world I didn't pass these tests. I tried and I'm guessing (according to Namjoon's philosophy) that's all that matters. I look around my small flat. Oh god! I officially have fifteen minutes now to tidy up all the mess that's been gathering in the house over the past week. Where do I start? The pile of paper, the dishes in the sink, do I vacuum the carpet? You know what, I don't care. I plop myself down on to the sofa and turn on the TV. Fifteen minutes later, I hear a crash followed by a doorbell.

"Heeeyyyyy?", okay so that was meant to be a statement  and not a question, "What happened here?"

"I sort of slipped.", Namjoon explained, "Mind helping me up?"

"Oh my god. How did you manage to hurt yourself like this?"

"I didn't get hurt."

"Haha.", I muttered sarcastically, "Like I don't know. My butt cheeks are killing me. And you know why? It's because you fell and landed right on yours."

I help him up and guided him to the sofa. That's when I realise this is the first time Namjoon's ever been in here, "Not going to say sorry because I'm unapologetically like this, but don't mind the mess."

"Nah it's okay. Probably what my flat would have looked like if I lived alone."

"Flat or do you mean mansion?"

"Mansion, flat, apartment, penthouse. Whatever. Basically the point is that it would be messy like this."

"So what do you want? Tea, coffee, juice, water?", I say as I walk in to the kitchen and open the fridge, "Oh and there's some soju too."

"Soju? Are you supposed to have that in your fridge?"

"Like you Joonie, I'm a fully grown adult who has the rights to enjoy soju. Or is it because you think I'm too broke to afford soju?"

He blushes really hard when I say that, "Not like that moon child. I just wasn't expecting you to have soju. Anyways, I think I'll just settle with juice."

"Why? Is it too strong for you?"

"No!", he defended.

"Then?"

"Just not in the mood for it."

"Suit yourself.", I bring him a glass of orange juice and pour myself a shot of soju. Swallowing it whole, the dry and sharp taste burns my throat. Yet, it's somehow alluring in the same way so I put myself another shot and gulp it down as fast.

"Woah! Slow down. You'll have a sore throat if you have it that fast.", Namjoon warned.

"Okay. A rom-com?"

"Sure."

I sit down next to him and bury myself in his open embrace. Logging in to my Netflix account, I search through the selection of movies and put one on. That's how the rest of the night goes.