1.7 Be My Valentine?

Prompt: Malfoy has a mute twin sister who's crushing hard on a certain muggle-born, so she decided to muster up all her courage and "ask" her to be her valentine, with a little of help from her twin.

WARNING(S): this is supposed to be a chubby reader
because we need more chub love

✖️✖️✖️

Draco Malfoy was known for many things - mostly bad - and he was okay with that, but a thing not many people knew he was known for was for being a matchmaker. No, he didn't offer his services (more because of the fact he thought they were priceless), he only played matchmaker with his twin sister, [Y/N].

[Y/N] Malfoy was the opposite of her brother when it came to reputation. Of course, she was favourited as much as her twin was, but she was nowhere near as confident as Draco. She had [H/L] platinum hair - the Malfoy trademark hair colour -, piercing [E/C] eyes and [unlike/like] her brother, she was sorted into [Y/H/H]. [Y/N] possessed such great qualities, she was kind-hearted and caring, friendly and funny, but she kept to herself.

Although she was a near-identical copy of her brother, [Y/N] didn't have a very skinny body, she wasn't overweight, but she did have a plump, chubby body and... she was mute. In her mind, if she was skinnier and could speak, then maybe her crush would look at her. Now, [Y/N] had always believed that personality was the priority, but after a few comments from her family, she began thinking it wasn't exactly like that.

'You should lose some weight, [Y/N]. It's difficult to find you a good suitor. No man wants to have a chubby, mute woman for a wife."

"Lucius, don't say that to our daughter. She's still too young! Any boy would be lucky to have her."

Come to think of it... [Y/N] forgot to mention that she felt like she wasn't entirely straight. Actually, was she even straight, at all? [Y/N] was still too young to know, she was only on her first year at Hogwarts when she first developed a crush on another girl.

[Y/N] was mesmerized by those happy brown eyes and bushy brown hair, she found her so cute. The first time she had seen her was during their sorting, admiring the nervous yet excited new Gryffindor as she stepped down to join her new housemates. Hermione Granger. The Hermione Granger.

Something had always drawn [Y/N] towards the muggle-born witch, and she desperately tried to approach her. She shared several classes with her and, luckily for her, she was her Potions partner. It was thanks to that, that both girls became friends. They were very good friends and would always be seen studying together or frowning at Harry and Ron. As their second year came around, the two girls would often sneak out during the night and sit together in a dark corridor, big books in hands and chatting on about their childhood. [Y/N] was a big help on the search for the basilisk and she never left the Gryffindor's side when she was petrified.

Despite being mute, [Y/N] could say very few basic words after years of speech therapy and she was able to form small laughs, grunts and hums. Nobody but her family had ever heard her laugh, so the first time Hermione heard her friend laugh made her insides melt.

They were now in their third year and were inseparable. Despite being a Malfoy, Hermione was very comfortable around [Y/N] and made sure to praise her; she was aware of how insecure her best friend was.

"Do you like Granger?" a certain platinum-haired boy pipped up.

"Uhm... what's in it for you?"  [Y/N] signed with her hands.