Chapter 2

Aiden

I stared at the envelope that I was given from Leader Reynolds. Tomorrow was the day I was supposed to go to my old hometown village and start the task I was given.

It has just been a year of waiting. A year of what ifs and year of sorrow.

I was going to see Victoria for the first time since the bombing. I knew that no matter what I felt, it didn't matter anymore, my family is the most important thing in my life. I will not let my sister go down for something I did. My mom already had to pay the price.

I knew it wasn't Victoria's fault, but it didn't help the fact that all this mess was because of her. I should've just followed the task. I shouldn't of got too involved.

I just need to convince her that this wasn't all worth it and that she should just give in to her uncle.

She can't beat him no matter how hard she tries. Her and her little rebellion will fail. I always knew it would. Bryan and the rest of them were too naive for their own good. It is all going to get them killed one day.

Victoria doesn't know what she is doing. She is just following what everyone else is telling her. She is oblivious on how big of a task this is she isn't ready to lead a whole city. She was stuck in a cell for five years she barely knows how to be human.

Sometimes I wonder how she is doing, what she is doing, who she has she become or is she still the same.

Victoria was weak and gullible and that was her downfall. She needed other people to tell her what to do. That is how I'm going to get her to trust me again. I'm going to use that vulnerability just like I did before.

This time I was going to do whatever it took to get the job down. I had to save my sister. she was still locked up in the headquarters.

Leader Reynolds lets me see her sometimes but not often. He didn't lie when he said she was going to get the best treatment. She ate good food and had nice clothes. He gave her a pretty big room. I always ask her how she is doing when I see her and she just says "it could be worse."

For the past year I've been just working on my uncles farm, living here until I had to do my task for Victoria's uncle, which was tomorrow.

The plan he gave me was very detailed, it told me what to do and what to say so I wouldn't get caught. It was going to look suspicious when I show up to the village. I know Victoria is going to be so confused, but I may used that to my advantage.

I just don't hope I won't get killed in the process because that will be very bad.

I sighed and put the envelop on my side table. I stood up and made my way downstairs. When I got down there I saw my uncle in the kitchen doing something. It looked like he was washing vegetables.

"I see you went to the farmers market already," I said causing him to look at me and then go back to what he was doing.

"I see you haven't gotten any of your chores done," he said back to me.

I rolled my eyes, "late start to the day I guess."

I poured myself a glass of ice tea and sat on the dining room table.

"Oh go ahead waste more time," my uncle murmured.

I looked at him, "what is your problem today?"

"My problem is when people don't get their chores done. I didn't let you stay here to wallow and not work," he said "I especially want my fence done today you've been at that for weeks."

Oh sometimes I wish I could punch him in the face.

"I'll get your fence done and these stupid chores won't matter tomorrow. Tomorrow I start to get my sister back," I tell him.