Prologue

Aiden

When I opened my eyes it was pitch black dark. I didn't know where I was or even comprehend what happen not to long ago. All I knew what that my head is pounding and my body aches.

It definitely felt like something was over my head as I started to get back into grasping reality.

In one swift motion the bag was lifted from my head and I was greeted by lights biting my eyes. When vision got back to normal I saw Victoria's uncle and a bunch of big angry men around him.

Victoria.

I hope to god she's okay.

I'm not even sure I was okay.

Wait.

Is that my...

"Mom," I croaked out "Lana"

My mother and sister were both tied up in chairs. James Reynolds was standing in the middle of them. They had duck tape over there mouths.

How could I let this happen.

I saw the fear in my sisters eyes. She didn't know what was happening, but my mother... she knew what was happening.

I never told her, but I knew she always knew what I was doing. She knew we couldn't have been rich suddenly.

"I swear to god if you fucking hurt them," I swear to him.

"I told you if you didn't do what I asked extreme measures were going to be taken place," he said to me.

"You didn't give me a chance—"

"I gave you all the chances!!!" He yelled "so now you forced me to go to plan be which I thank you for being such a fuck yo because plan b is actually working so far."

"What did you do with her?" I breathed out.

"I let her and her friends go. Oh expect for her guide, he's dead," James says calmly.

Shit.

"You let her go?"

"All part of the plan dear boy which you are still part of," he tells me.

"What makes you think I'm going to help you any longer?" I spat at you.

He shrugs and then points his gun up to my mothers head, pulling the trigger without hesitation.

"NOOO," I screamed "you motherfucker!!!"

"I told you what would happen," he says pointing the gun now to my sister who crying profusely "now if you don't want her dead like your mother than I suggest you do what I say."

I felt my heart clenching as I stared at my mothers lifeless body.

I should of just done what he asked me to do.

I should of never have fell in love with Victoria.

This all comes back to her.

It always does.

Now my mothers dead because I couldn't do one simply thing and James new it.

"I'll do whatever," I pleaded "I promise no more fuck ups. Just don't hurt her."

He smiles and puts the gun back down to his waste.

"Great, but she'll stay with me until the task is finish. Call it insurance," he says.

"No fucking way," I growl at him.

"Relax I won't harm her and to put you more at ease I'll put her in one of the finer rooms and make sure she is getting treated well," he says walking to his desk grabbing me "see it's called compromise."