"Excuse me, Doctor. How's Ariana." I asked in a hurry. I was impatient to know about her.

"Xavier? Hi? Do you know the patient? A friend?" Amanda, the doctor, who by chance is my friend, asked.

"Yes, Amanda I know her. What happened to her? Who brought her here? Is she okay? Can I meet her?" I asked. My heart was pumping blood furiously.

"She is okay. She's lucky that she wasn't hit by the car. She has some small wounds and cuts on her arms and legs but that will heal in no time." I sighed in relief after hearing that.

"This couple brought her here," Amanda said pointing towards a middle-aged couple.

"Hello, I was the one who called you. Here, these are her belongings." The lady said and passed me her bag and phone.

"Thank you so much for bringing her here. Where did you find her?" I asked.

"We were heading back home from the supermarket, the moment I pulled my car out of the parking lot, this lady came running out of dark alley which is beside the supermarket. I pushed the break before my car would hit her but she dropped on the floor unconscious. I even tried to search for someone in that alley but I couldn't anyone. We immediately brought her to the hospital." The man said.

Dark alley? What was she doing there? And from whom she was running?

I thanked the couple again and gave them my card so that they could call me in case they needed any help. Then they left.

"Xavier, please call her family. There's something I need to talk to them about her." Amanda said.

"Tell me then. Is something wrong?" I asked.

"It's personal Xavier, I can't tell this thing to a friend. Please call her family." She insisted.

"Tell everything to me." I again said.

"Xavier why don't you understand. I have to tell this to her family." She argued.

"Goddammit, I'm not her friend. I'm her family, I'm her husband. So just tell me what you have to say." I shouted in annoyance. Her eyes grew wide and her jaw hung low.

"Hu...husband? You're.. married?" She asked in shock.

"It's not the time to discuss this." I snapped.

"Yeah right. Sorry. So...come with me inside." Saying that she led me inside the room.

The moment I saw my Ari lying on the bed with IV tubes and a heart rate monitor attached to her body, my body trembled. I walked near her bed and ran my hand on her face. She looked so pale, so fragile, her always twinkling eyes were closed and her soft luscious lips were dry, her bright face lost the shine.

"Xavier, when she was rushed here, she was trembling and mumbling 'please leave me, it hurts, I'm sorry' repeatedly." Amanda paused for a moment and looked at me.

"Her heart was racing, she was sweating in this cold weather and the situation was very bad. After checking her condition I concluded that she had a panic attack."

"Panic attack?" I frowned.

"Yes. And when I was checking her body for any injury I saw something that I concluded the reason for her panic attack."

"What did you find out?" I asked.

"Scars." She mumbled.

"Scars?" I asked in surprise.

"You don't know? You never saw them? You're her husband. Right?" She asked in confusion.

"I am. We married recently and..."