Part Fifty-Nine

Depuis le début

"I did nothing to the young man," Sven replied, his tone dangerously level. "I simply wished to have a conversation with him. All perfectly innocent, and within my right, Mr. Foley."

Turning around to face Mathan, Sven set the trap and waited to see if the American would walk into it.

"Jimin has been a little lonely lately...I haven't been able to give him as much of my attention as he deserves," Sven said, sounding regretful. "Perhaps you would be interested in coming to an agreement?"

"I don't make deals with scum like you," Mathan said, his jaw clenching and unclenching. "Your kind never seems to keep their word. As for your pet...maybe you should learn how to take care of such things lest they run away again..."

Sven felt his whole body clench and it was only through sheer will from Sven and luck on Mathan's part that Sven did not pull out his gun and end the conversation with a bullet between the American's eyes for poking the bear.

Giving Mathan his coldest smile he spoke.

"Not even if it allows Jimin to spend time with his beloved Jungkook or his brothers?"

Mathan locked in on that. Everything in him screamed 'no'; told him it was a trap, but his heart was screaming 'yes'. Countless times the others had asked about their brother and every time Mathan had not been able to provide an honest or comforting answer. It had already begun to take a toll.

"Try me," Mathan said dryly, trying to conceal his sparked interest in the devil's offer.

Leaning back against the dresser and crossing his ankles, Sven presented the appearance of a man at ease, but on the inside, he was laughing in triumph. He knew from past conversations with Dorian that Mathan's fatal flaw was his desire to protect those he saw as weaker. And it was that desire that would ultimately lead to his destruction. Sven would enjoy every step that Mathan took towards it.

"A very simple trade. An hour of Kim Taehyung's time and in return, whichever member of Bangtan Sonyeondan that you choose gets that hour of Park Jimin's time."

"No," Mathan said immediately as his mind raged and his heart broke. He couldn't offer Taehyung up in such a way... he just couldn't. "Absolutely not."

Mathan worried that Taehyung would somehow end up the bargaining chip. If Sven was so willing to let Jimin go without condition, it meant that something had indeed happened between Taehyung and Sven... and that Sven wanted more. The very idea made Mathan's stomach turn.

"It is only an hour of time, Mr. Foley. Nothing happens in one hour. I am only speaking of conversation... perhaps a bit of food but...nothing more. All terribly innocent. I wouldn't dream of harming a hair on that angel's head." Sven laughed suddenly. "Which I must say has grown back rather quickly. The cue ball look just didn't suit him."

"I could split you beyond repair in an hour, Ivchenko," Mathan growled. "No pleasantries or conversation required."

Sven grinned at Mathan.

"Why Mr. Foley, are you propositioning me for an afternoon of entertainment? Although I would have to turn you down. I prefer my lovers a little softer..."

Turning deadly serious Sven moved back to his chair and sat down.

"Tick-tock, Mr. Foley. This offer is only on the table for a short time and my patience is running thin. Why don't you look in on my jewel while you consider the offer - see that all is as I said it would be. Once you are satisfied, come back and we can discuss the proposition further, hmm? "

Mathan narrowed his eyes at Sven. He would NEVER agree to such a deal, but he was thankful for the respite; he desperately needed to see Jimin for himself.