6: Realization

After a few hours of desperate sleep, I spring away tryingto bear my surroundings as the memory of last night sinks back into my mind. I dont want to think about it to be honest. After all this time I wished and wished he were here but then again it feels all to fast and I loose him. 

I need to move.

I wearily get to my feet and slowly brush my hand over the rough wall of the cave guiding me to the entrance and I make my desscent from there. When I reach the cluster of huts I notice the scratches and cuts on my knees and calves, wow, I was tired. I am greeted by one of the caretakers who quitely takes my hand and leads me to mut hut. There, she makes my bed, starts a fire in the small fire pit in the centre of the room and lays a fresh pair of clothes on the chair next to my bed, promising to bring me a bowl of soup later. After she leaves I change into the clothes the caretaker gave me and lay down on the bed. My mind wanders for a while and I fall down a dark casm into a blissful sleep. Waking up a few hours later I sit up resting my back against the stone wall. My eyes wander around until I see the brown chest sitting on the shelf. 

Leias letter. 

I climb out of bed stumbling over to the shelf, snatching the chest off of the shelf and pry the chest open. The letter still sits there peacefully as take it out of the chest. I sit back down on the bed and unfold the letter, beginning to read its contents. 

Dear Rey,

It has felt like a long time since I've seen you since you left Naboo on your journey to find yourself, but wherever you may be I hope your doing okay. The resistance base on Naboo has grown immensly since when we first arrived. New resistance ships have been built and a new draft of pilots have been trained. I have been successful in establishing a resistance council, and despite being small in numbers it continues to run productively to this day.

I wish you were here Rey, the rebellion has made so many achievements over the past few weeks, if only you were here to see it. 

Poe, Finnn and Rose are doing just fine. Poe's been working on faster engins for the resistance fighters whilst Rose and fFinn have been helping him, building a new weapons prototype for  the bombers and so on. BB8 is also helping me and the council, and I say never underestimate a droid.

But, on another note I have felt your distress whilst you've been gone and I know it hasnt been easy for you having to solve the conflict inside of you but I think that its necessary that you overcome this I think you can agree. But I shouldve answered your question much sooner. 

You have to understand that you cannot deny your true feelings to another, it disrupts the flow and blance in the force. Especially since you and Ben are the exact symbol of that balance, becauser you share a dyad with bBen through the force Rey. Luke felt it too.

I just thought you needed to know and I am truely sorry for you to haver felt so much pain without knowing all along that it was Ben Rey. 

I hope to see you sometime in the near future. May the force be with you Rey.

-Leia.

I sit in gruesome silence, stunned by the information that this letter holds. I need to go to him. I need to tell him. Tell him everything.

To be continued...

Authors Note-

Nearly at the end of part one, I'm trying to round it off to about ten episodes but I'll write a preview into book two once this book is complete! Let me know what you would like to see in book to aswell. 

-Mavethe4ce be with you!!