•⊱•••• 13 ••••⊰•

Start from the beginning

"Hi Yeonjun!" Yunho smiled and fist bumped Yeonjun.

"Hey Yunho!" Yeonjun cheered back "Hey Jongie!" he waved at Jongho, a sickly sweet smile rolling off his lips.

Jongho waved at his best friend and began distracting himself in drinking his thick shake and looking at his phone.

Yunho always wondered what the younger was like when he wasn't around, because half the time he seemed to be a clam when he saw the younger with his best friend.

"Enjoying your valentines week? Jongho told me that you spend the whole week celebrating" Yunho asked, curious about the schools strange choice to hold festivities the whole week. He felt sorry for single people.

"We do! It's been really fun so far" Yeonjun said as he rocked on his heels and held onto his bag straps.

"Any special someone you're planning on asking out for valentines?" Yunho asked sneakily, he could see Jongho suddenly shooting him daggers out the corner of his eye, but also looking at Yeonjun with questioning eyes.

Yeonjun turned into a bubbly mess, the tips of his ears turning pink. Yunho didn't miss the lighting fast glance the boy passed at Jongho before answering.

"umm. . .n-noOo" Yeonjun said as he scratched his neck, and avoiding eye contact with a shy smile.

Yunho lightly laughed knowing the boy was trying to cover up whatever he had hidden inside. "Did you need a lift?" Yunho asked suddenly.

Yeonjun shook his head, a calm composure falling over the younger boy once again "Nah mums picking me up . .speaking of that's her now!" Yeonjun said as he pointed at a frizzy haired woman waving over the steering wheel off a silver Toyota that was pulling into the carpark.

"Bye Yunho, Bye Jongie" Yeonjun waved at the two of them before running over to where his mother had parked.

Yunho and Jongho dumped Jongho's stuff in the boot before both hopping in the car.

"Jongie ay? When are you going to ask him out, you've been hung up on him for ages!" Yunho said in a teasing voice as he switched on the car and rested one hand on the wheel and the other on the back of Jongho's seat so he could better manoeuvre himself to reverse out of the parking space he had pulled in to.

"Oh shush, like you can talk! 'Mr. I'm so in love with the same boy for years and can't hold a relationship for more than a month or two'" Jongho tsked as he clicked on his seatbelt, slurped his shake and stuffed it in the centre cup holder.

That hit Yunho right where it hurts. "Well at least your boy is by your side! Mine is nowhere to be found! And just for the record I'm actually making an effort in my love life, I have a date"

Jongho pursed his lips "Oh really? Where did this one come from? Did he pick you up at a bar? Did a friend introduce you?"

Jongho knew all too well of Yunho's tragic love life, all about Yunho and San, how the guys Yunho had dated all asked him out first not the other way around. Although Jongho teased he was quite good at listening and putting in his 2 cents despite having no actual dating experience himself.

Yunho raised his pointer finger "Ahhh! I actually asked him out" he informed the younger, sparing him a quick glance before facing the road again. ". . .I nearly screwed up . . many times, but in the end I somehow managed to snag a date, on Wednesday, and if that goes well perhaps a date for valentines too" Yunho finished with confidence.

Jongho nodded in approval "Wow, Big man finally putting in some effort himself! Does this mean you're actually moving away from San? Moving on?"

Yunho nodded solemnly "I'm trying, it's been 9 years, I think it's about time"

Jongho snorted and raised his eyebrows "You don't say!"

The pair bantered back and forth about their love lives. Yunho telling Jongho all about how he met Doyoung and how he nearly screwed up, how he plans to actually put his 110% into his relationships from now on and how most importantly he plans on setting San free, focusing solely on his own happiness and not dwelling on the past.

Jongho was proud of Yunho's efforts, he however secretly doubted the olders dedication given his past track record, but of course he wasn't going to tell the Yunho that, and he was interested to see how the older would go this time round.

Jongho also of course told Yunho all about the cute stuff Yeonjun had done recently and Yunho did his best to try and support Jongho in edging him onto a pathway where he could open up to Yeonjun about his feelings.

They also talked about Yunho's job and Jongho's school life, and soon they were pulling into the street where his Yunho's dads lived.  

~ ☆ ~