goodbyes suck.

"CLOSE IT NOW.. CLOSE IT!!"
Joyce had been straining herself to reach for the other key for the past five minutes and her short figure was no help at all. She could feel all of the anxiety racing through her body but this was no time to lock herself away and have a breakdown. Not. Now.
So much was happening around her she couldn't keep up, Hopper was battling the russian who followed them the last few days, the machine beside the two men was malfunctioning all over the place blinding her vision, the control panel kept going with the same kind of noise that would annoy you like the car alarm when your door is open. Then there was Dustin yelling through the super com to close the gate.
"IM TRYING!" She wanted so desperately to yell at the teenager but she was so close to the other key she had to keep going.
"come on..come ON!" She kept saying over and over again as if every time she said it it made her closer.
Tears began to well up in her big brown eyes as she strained and strained to reach for something so close yet so so far away, which made her weakness turn to anger and she got closer and closer...
Out of the corner of her eye she watched Hopper toss the Russian man into the machine turning him into nothing but a quick flash of blood and human remains, then nothing.
The machine malfunctioned even more and created a barrier of electricity trapping hopper from getting across to help joyce turn the keys in the observation room.
After what felt like hours of tedious stretching, joyce finally reached the other key and grabbed it and promised she wouldn't let it go.
She noticed that hopper was now trapped on the other side of the machine and decided to let go of the key as stupid of a decision she it was she just had to make sure that he would be going home with the rest of them after all of this is over.
"Jim!!" She yelled, she ran out of the room and practically knocked the door off it's hinges trying to get to him.
"No no no stay back, it's too dangerous, don't be stupid.."
She wanted to help but there wasn't any time left and she had no idea what was happening at the mall above them..she didn't even know if her boys were still alive so she couldn't waste anymore time, but she HAD to bring him home.
"Maybe..maybe..maybe there's a latter or something by you that you can climb down and we can all meet at the front of the mall.." she suggested but all every idea she thought of to help him wasn't in the ballpark of accuracy.
Jim looked around quickly and realized he still had his ham radio and came up with a plan.