for real this time

It was difficult at first but Joyce was in fact able to use her powers to take her back to the mall right at the machine when Hopper was under Grigori's foot, literally.
When she arrived her body was already reaching for the other key like she was before. Her only objective was to keep reaching and let things play out the way they were supposed to all along.
It hurt her deeply to know she could easily do what she did before to help him escape and things would be okay in the end, but she couldn't.
She couldn't help him. She was never supposed to help him. This was the way things we're supposed to be.
As she was inches from the other key, she saw Hopper finally get the upper hand, throwing Grigori into the machine splattering into nothing.
This was it. It was going to happen...for real this time.
She felt her right hand grabbing the other key as her gave turned to Hopper, who was now trapped on the other side of the electrical storm keeping them apart.
While in a daze, Joyce realized she still had a way to communicate with him through the walkie and he started.
"Joyce. Can you hear me?" He asked with a tone in his voice clearly stating there was no other option. And she knew it. She had been here before.
Her hands were literally full and she couldn't answer audibly, only with her facial expressions, which was a crime itself.
"Listen. I know we don't have a whole lot of time and..." he was trying so desperately not to burst into tears. He took an extra deep breath.
"I really needed you to know how much I- I love you. I should've spent more time actually talking to you and listening instead of arguing over something so stupid these last few days. I'm so sorry." He breathed out.
Joyce had been here before, but it still felt like the first time, and watched numbly as tears streamed past her cheeks falling to the floor.
She kept telling herself this was the right thing to do and that fate was running its course.
"This isn't what I wanted to happen." She whispered to herself forcing her eyes to stay on him and think of the happy times.
"Just please do one thing for me." Hopper spoke up over the walkie sounding as desperate as ever.
Joyce nodded awaiting is request still feeling like this was a dream as the knot in her stomach grew.
"Please take care of her. She loves you so much. And she deserves a mother like you, one that wasn't taken away from her. Just- just make sure the door stays open three inches okay?" He chuckled lightly as tears threatened to fall.
"I promise." She again whispered to herself.
Knowing time was of the essence, Hopper looked to her with a nod of, "it's okay." and she closed her eyes tight, and in one swift motion she yanked the keys at the same time.
The flashes of light were blinding - not that she wanted to see.
And just like that, the rift was shut once again and he was gone. Vanished. Again.
Joyce stood there numbly dropping to the ground silently sobbing until she heard the sounds of loud voices coming her way and she realized she needed to get out of here fast.
She tucked away her emotions and focused on using her powers to get her home.
Her eyes closed and nose now bleeding from both nostrils, there was a bright flash and she opened her eyes to find herself sitting in her room where she was right before she set out to carry out this plan.
Just to make sure she was where she needed to be, she opened the door to find the house the same way. Neatly cleaned due to a way she used to cope with the loss and El and Will quietly doing homework.
Joyce ran up to them and embraced the two tightly.
Jonathan was coming from his room with his headphones on and smiled at the sight as Joyce ushered for him to join in.
She hugged her kids tightly in her arms praying she'd never lose them too.
"Mom-mom. You're acting like you haven't seen us in months." Will laughed as El smiled enjoying the affection.
"Trust me. It feels like it." She responded looking up at the ceiling mouthing "I love you" knowing Hopper was still watching over them.
The End.