Chapter 23

Its been two weeks since Ryder and I have confessed our love, and to be honest, it has been a week of bliss.  He has been so understanding of the weird cravings that I have, and he has been a trooper with all of my weirdness.  I was told by my Doctor that we will be able to find out the genders of the babies today.  Ryder said that he will be there for all of my appointments, and he has lived up to his promises so far.  The club was adamant that we have one of those STUUUUPID gender reveal parties to find out the sex of the twins. Ruby and Mary wouldn't take no for an answer and believe me, I tried I wanted it to be just us, but Ryder convinced me to just go with the flow.  She has already asked us to let the doctor know the plan and to send the genders to her friend. Then she will place the reveal as the icing in the middle of a cake. 

"Hey baby do you want to go and get lunch before your appointment"

"Yes, I want Mexican. The babies have been craving that all day" 

"Alright baby that's no problem"

We get into his truck and make our way to one of my favorite restaurants.  We have come here so often they now know my name and order as soon as I come in.  Hell, they have gone far enough to deliver it to the cafe.  We walk in and get seated in my normal table if it available which it normally is.  "Good afternoon Hannah and Mr. Blade the usual for the both of you?" "Yup," we say in unison.

After we ate we headed to our doctors' appointment to see how the little ones are fairing out.  We waited for my name to get called.  Ryder helps me on the table and lays down.  I slightly chuckle at that for the fact I am still mobile for the time being, but whatever makes him happy.  Doc squirts that cold gel on my belly (you would think after how many years this stuff been on the market they would have a way to make it warm.  Hell even spas have their stuff warm.)  

"Well Hannah how have you been feeling"

"Actually pretty good.  I am not longer sick which is amazing, and we felt the babies a few weeks ago"

"Wow well that is a little early but it seems that they are certainly moving I can see them kicking and the wand is moving.  It looks like everything is healthy are you interested in knowing the sex?"

Before I can speak up Ryder adds about the party and the wishes from his mother the doctor chuckles about our request he quickly writes everything down on a piece of paper and hands it to her nurse to send to Mary's friend.  The doctor cleans my belly up and lets us hear the heartbeats.  "Well everything looks good I will see you in a month."

We head out of the office and I pull Ryder aside.  "Hey, I know everyone wants this party.  I know your mom wants it in a cake, but is there something else that we can do you know I am not a fan of cake?"  "You know what baby I have a perfect idea" He gives me a peck on my forehead and he says he will take care of everything.

I meet Mary and at the cafe and she is just so excited to be a grandmother. I am just looking at her beaming with excitement and I can't stop the flood gates from opening.  She notices my features and she just sits next to me and hugs me.  "Hannah I know you are missing your parents during this but hey like I said before you are not alone, and we love you and these kids."  I hug her for dear life and thank her for her understanding of these damn hormones.  "On another note how is that prospect working out for you?  Is he asking a lot of questions and whatnot" I am kinda taken back by her question he has been by my side since I was the first threatened? He is the one that is with me when Hammer, Whiskey, or Ryder are not able to.  "Well Yeah, he is fine the only time he really talks to me is asking where we are going so he is able to follow.  He certainly takes in his surroundings and is constantly looking around for a threat."  She just nods her head in understanding.  "Well anyway, Ryder said that you did not want to do a cake for your reveal?" "Yeah I hope I did not hurt your feelings, but I am not a cake fan, and would feel like it will go to waste."  "Oh Hun you are fine in fact Ryder has called me to get the information and he told me what he plans to do and to be honest I like his idea so much better.  I kinda want to kick myself for not thinking about it first."  We decide to call it a night and Whiskey came to get me which I was so happy for I have not seen him in a while.