Confrontations

One day, not long after Christmas Holidays, Harry and Draco walked together to the Library. They had just passed the great hall when their path was blocked. Stood in front of them was a boy their age, he had red hair, blue eyes and pale skin. He wore ragged robes and had a sneer on his face. "Well, well, well. If it isn't the baby death eater and the boy-who-lived-to-be-a-traitor," he hissed.

Harry was confused. 'Who is this boy? Why is he being so cruel? Wait! It's that boy from the train!' Draco however, knew immediately who the boy was. "Red hair and a hand-me-down robe? You must be a Weasley," he mocked, "leave us, your presence sullies the air we breathe."

The red-head was extremely angry. His face had turned scarlet. It looked like steam might shoot from his ears. "My name is Ronald!" he screamed, "I should be Harry Potter's best friend. Professor Dumbledore promised me that I would get access to his money and fame."

Ron then turned to Harry and shrieked, "YOU! You were meant to be in Gryffindor! You were meant to know nothing and have to rely on me! But NO! You had to go and ruin everything! What about Ginny? You are supposed to marry her. Instead, you are hanging around that Death Eater SCUM! Your parents would be disgusted by you."

The more Ronald spoke, the louder he became. The louder he became, the more people who came to watch the interaction. Soon the corridor was packed with students from every year in Slytherin, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. The Slytherins got angrier the more he blabbed, as did the loyal Hufflepuffs. The Ravenclaws looked intrigued. Finally, the Gryffindors, some looked embarrassed but most seemed to agree with the youngest Weasley boy.

Suddenly there was silence. Harry had started to lose control of his magic. Draco noticed first he felt calm and protected, even when Ronald insulted him and Harry. Then Ron noticed how cold it seemed. He felt scared. Quickly the corridor was filled with the Magic. Some felt like they were being suffocated. Others felt like they were completely safe.

"MR POTTER! What do you think you are doing?" demanded the voice of Albus Dumbledore.

As quick as Harrys' magic had consumed the hallway, it retreated back inside of him. He spun around to face the voice. "S-Sir, I-I did-didn't d-do an-anything. H-he start-started i-it," he replied, terrified he pointed at Ronald.

"You will follow me to my office right now Mr Potter, and we will discuss this there," demanded the headmaster.

The boys shared a look, and Draco whispered, "Go with him Ry, I will go tell Godfather, and we will meet you there."

Harry trusted his friend and agreed to go with the old man. When they arrived in Dumbledores' office, Harry noticed a magnificent bird with red and gold feathers and walked over the perch. He ran his fingers over the bird, who trilled with pleasure. "What a gorgeous animal. My name is Harry, what is yours?" he asked the creature.

"His name is Fawkes, and he is a phoenix," explained the old man.

Dumbledore was confused. The boy in his office was not what he had expected. See he had a plan, one that involved the young man before him. The child was supposed to be malleable, easy to manipulate and quick to trust him, the Great Albus Dumbledore. He was meant to be so abused by the Dursely's that he HAD to trust the headmaster. However, that is not what had happened. He had found his own way to platform 9 and 3/4 and didn't even notice Molly and the Weasley's. He had befriended the Malfoy boy, not Ronald or even that Mudblood, Granger. Despite the fact, Dumbledore spelled the Sorting Hat to place the child in Gryffindor, he was in Slytherin.

However, Fawkes had responded positively to the child. That is what confused the man the most. He would have to keep a close eye on Harry. 'Will he save the stone now that he is a Slytherin? Will he even bother to find out what is being hidden? How do I make him become the weapon I need him to be?' All these thoughts ran through his head while Harry continued to pet the phoenix.

Suddenly, the office door snapped open. Harry looked up to see Draco and Professor Snape stride purposefully into the room. "Severus, my boy! What are you doing here?" Dumbledore asked jovially.

"Well, Sir, you requested one of my snakes in your office. The Hogwarts Charter states: 'a student must be accompanied by either their Head Teacher or a teacher of their choice.'"

The headmasters' eyes flashed with anger briefly before being replaced by his customary twinkle. "Ah, but Severus, I am sure young Harry is an exception to that rule. You don't need to waste your time on him," Dumbledore calmly explained.

"Oh, headmaster, I am not wasting my time, I am happy to be there for him," Severus replied, sending a small smile in Harry's direction.

Harry decided he had had enough of being spoken about and spoke up, "Headmaster Dumbledore, Sir. Why am I here?"

"Because of the fight, you instigated with Mr Weasely. Not to mention the magic you unleashed on most of the student body."

"Sir, I didn't start it. Draco and I were walking to the Library when Ronald stood in front of us and started to say really mean things," Harry attempted to explain.

"Be that as it may, you still used your magic against him and the other students. You could have seriously injured or even killed someone."

Harry paled, Draco looked at the headmaster with shock painted across his face, and Severus growled, actually growled. "Look here, old man, how dare you speak to him that way! If it wasn't for your little sycophant, this would never have happened. Harry has little control over his magic thanks to you leaving him with people who tried to 'beat the freakishness out of him'. Honestly, we are lucky he hasn't turned into an Obscurial. Come, boys, we are leaving now," Severus almost screamed at the man.

Harry and Draco stood and walked over to their professor. They followed him as he marched out of the office and down to the dungeons.