Chapter 4: Friends or enemies?

Leo’s POV

It’s been a year now and school has been ok to go too. People still look at me and I still don’t understand why but it doesn’t bother me. I’m not the size of a kitten anymore I am almost fully grown. Every now and then mum takes me to the doctor for checkups and they still don’t tell me why I am so special. I still go to the creek for a drink and spring and spring are the best time for me to go for a run because that way I don’t sink in the snow or get too hot. I sometimes see April at the creek and we play chasey together but every now and then I feel uncomfortable like someone is watching what I am doing.

A few days later I went to the creek to meet up with April but when I got there a wolf was there. I stopped running and climbed up a tree and watched what was happening. I saw a wolf and April growling at each other and then they changed to their human forms and they seemed shocked. Even I was shocked. The wolf was Nellie and then I fell out of the tree and changed form in mid air and April ran over to me. She picked me up and stroked my head with her hand and scratched behind my ears and then Nellie came over and didn’t recognise me. I started growling at her almost scratched her face and then April put me down and I changed into my human form.

Nellie seemed shocked because she went pale when she saw me. She looked like she saw a ghost and then she ran off. I don’t know where she went because I didn’t follow her. Instead I went home and April came with me. When I walked through the door my mum seemed shocked because she didn’t know if April was a type of animal. I told mum she is a snow tiger and she calmed down. I turned on the TV and put the PlayStation 3 on and we played the Simpsons Movie Game together. It was quite funny watching April fail every now and then especially when she had to jump over obstacles.

Nellie’s POV

I was at the creek just rolling around near the water and then I could smell something in the air. I am no longer a small wolf I am pretty much fully grown. I crossed to the other side of the creek and then it came down the hill. It stopped running once it saw me. It was a snow tiger and I started growling at him or her well it and it started growling at me. I could smell another animal in the air but I was too concentrated at the snow tiger in front of me. After a while of growling at each other we stopped and looked over at a tree. A panther had fallen of the tree. The snow tiger and I changed into our human forms at the same time and it... it... it was April. She ran over to the panther and picked it up and started stroking its head.

I walked over to the panther to pat it but it hissed and growled at me and almost scratched me. April put the panther down and it changed into human form. Once I found out it was Leo I ran home.

Once I got home I told my mum that there is a panther with blue markings on their face. Mum quickly ran into another room and told my dad. A few seconds later dad rang up the leader well sorta like the mayor of the town and told them that there is a panther with blue markings on their face.

School came around the next day and Leo and April were playing chasey. Once they saw me they stopped and just stared at me. When the first lesson started it felt like it took forever because it is RE. School makes RE so boring and half the time I swear I fall asleep. Once the bell went for second lesson it was art and it was a double lesson. I hate school so much and art... don’t get me started, let’s just say I don’t really like it. It’s the only lesson I have without April and Leo and I am thankfully for it.

But once the bell went for recess I quickly got up and ran to my locker to put my stuff away and to find a spot to be away from them. I found the perfect spot and it was behind a big tree. Instead of sitting behind it I climbed into the tree and ate my food there. I was watching Leo and April playing chasey again. Leo was it and April was running. They always play around the grassed area and they don’t cross the creek but April wasn’t paying attention and she fell down and started scream crying. She was in a lot of pain and all Leo could do was try to calm her down a bit and get her out the creek. He struggled a lot trying to climb out of it because it was dry and he kept slipping.

A teacher came over to help and the nurse came running out to carry April inside with the teacher. April went home early and she went to the hospital to get her leg checked out. During lesson four and five Leo was lonely and the classes were a drag but they ended up finishing pretty quickly.  During lunch I went to the tree again and saw Leo walking inside the main building. I ate my lunch a just relaxed in the tree.

April’s POV

I was going to meet Leo at the creek and when I ran down the hill Leo wasn’t there. Instead it was a wolf. We started growling at each other and we continued like that for a while. After a few minutes we both heard leaves rustling on the ground. It was Leo and at the same time the wolf and I changed into our human form. We were both shocked when we realized that we knew each other. I walked over and picked Leo up and scratched behind his ear. Nellie walked over and Leo started growling at her and almost scratched her face. I put Leo down and he changed into his human form. Nellie was shocked when she saw him and she ran away.

Leo and I just looked at each other and shrugged our shoulders. We changed into our animal forms and played chasey and we splashed in the water and then just lay on some rocks to warm our stomachs up. It was a warm day but the water is cold still because of the shade. A few hours later we went home.

The next day Leo and I met up in the creek and we raced to each other to school. I won and while we waited for lessons to start we played chasey. I was chasing Leo and then he stopped and stopped next to him and we both stared at Nellie as she walked past and then I tagged Leo and ran off.

The first lesson was RE and I don’t like it that much I was actually looking forward to doing food tech with Leo. We always work together and we work well, most of the time we finish cooking first. The bell went for the next lesson and we were cooking pasta and chicken strips with gravy and chips. Leo cooks the chicken and gravy while I cook the chips and pasta. We are usually the first people at the food tech room so we get a head start. We work really well together and all the food is cooked properly and it is not rushed. We cook enough for each other to eat and we have enough for the teacher. Miss Steph loves our cooking she says that we have a natural talent to cooking.

At lunch Leo and I ate of food from food tech and we waited for about 10 minutes before I tagged him and ran away from him. We always play on the grass area near the building and we don’t go near the creek but I was too distracted and I fell down the creek. I hurt my leg and I was holding it while screaming and crying. Leo came over to me to me and tried to calm me down but it didn’t really work.  He put one of my arms over his shoulder and tried to climb back up the creek wall but he slipped every now and then. A teacher came over to help and then the school nurse came over and helped the teacher carry me inside.

Leo wasn’t allowed in to see me and I don’t know what he did after that. I got to go home early and I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance. Leo must have been pretty worried about me because as soon as I fell he was just there to help straight away. 

A/n

Hey readers sorry I haven’t updated for a while, I’ve been stressing about school assignments because I couldn’t get them done but they are. I also had writers block so that wasn’t helping. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I hope it is long enough. Also sorry again I’ve just been caught up with schoolwork and school.

Please share/comment/vote thanks.

P.S. when they change from their animal form back into human form they aren’t nude. This isn’t like other stories this story has them clothed. So yea sorry I never mentioned it earlier.