Chapter 2: The change

Leo’s POV

It has been 3 years now and I still haven’t shown anyone what I am or told anyone what I am. I got really mad one day at my mum before school and I got everything ready for school and left early. I was really mad that I walked out the front door slamming it and walking to school. Every time mum takes me to school we go past a forest. I decided to walk through it because I could smell the food at school being prepared for recess. As I got deeper into it, I decided to change form and run for a bit. I am still a kitten and I kept running until I found a small creek. It had water in it and it had snowed over night. I don’t really like water that much but I am better at not freaking out over getting wet because my oldest brother always poured water on me when I nap in the den in panther form.

I decided to cross it... That wasn’t very smart because it was cold but I started drinking from it and it sent shivers through out my body. But then I heard something on the ground. I heard leaves and twigs snapping. I kept drinking but also being aware of it. I kept hearing it on the leaves and then it splashed into the water. I don’t think it saw me until I jumped and ran out of the water.

It was cold what else was I going to do. I changed back into human form and walked back to the creek to see what was there. It was a snow tiger and it had blue eyes and white fur with black stripes. I don’t think it noticed me until I slipped down the hill. I don’t really like snow that much, too slippery. I rolled down the hill and stopped right before I went into the water. When I got up I hissed at the tiger and ran to school to dry up a bit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

April’s POV

Before I go to school I go running in the woods for a while.  I ran over to the creek to get a drink because it tastes really nice. I love the snow because I am a snow tiger. Like I always do I splash when I get there. I didn’t realize that some other animal was there until I saw them running up the hill. I stared at the hill for awhile then got a drink. I jumped out the water when someone rolled down the hill. When they got up hissed at me and then ran off. I quickly got another drink and ran to school. When I arrived I saw Leo pacing up and down the corridor. I walked over to him and he didn’t take much notice of me.

“Hey Leo you ok?” I asked with a confused face.

He jumped and changed into a panther hissing at me. He is white and those blue eyes are so gorgeous. He growled at me then changed back to human form running off crying. I was shocked because of his face. It has... blue markings and they are just a little brighter than his eyes. I followed his sent and I found him in the spot when I first saw him.  He was so scared that he was shaking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leo’s POV

I left the bathroom and started pacing up and down the corridor. When April spoke I instantly jumped and changed. I hissed at her and then changed back into human form and ran off crying. I ran to the spot where April and I first met. I was so scared that I was shaking because no one was meant to know what I was or know about the markings on my face. April came over and sat next to me.

“Shh calm down. It’s ok. It’s ok” she said looking at me.

“No it’s not. No it’s not.” I said crying.

I put my head on her shoulder and tried to stop crying but it wasn’t working. She put her arm around me and hugged me trying to calm me down. It worked and I stopped crying. April kept talking to me saying that everything will be fine and ok. She stood up and walked to her locker. I followed her and we were just talking.

“I was in the forest earlier this morning and saw a snow tiger. Near creek that has yummy tasting water.” I said

“Really? What did it look like?” April said smiling.

I stopped walking and looked at her and smiled.

“IT WAS YOU!” I said whacking her arm.

“OW! WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?” she said holding her arm.

“You splashed me with that freezing water.” I said whacking her arm again.

“That was you?” she said dodging me from whacking her.

She ran off and changed form. She sprinted down the corridor going outside. I checked making sure no one was around. It was like 7:50am no one would be here, not even teachers. I changed form chasing after her. She is still a kitten so I wouldn’t be dominated. We played in the long grass and played more chasey.

After about 10 minutes of playing we changed back to our human forms and got our stuff ready for class. People started showing up for school and I just remembered that I never let mum know that I was at school. So I got my phone out and text her:

Hey I am at school. Sorry I didn’t tell you earlier. I am safe and I got scared because someone snuck up on me and I changed.

Thank goodness you are safe. Really? We will talk when you get home.

I put my phone back and started talking to April. When Nellie turned up to school I went up to her and started talking to her. April walked next to me too. I let my ears and some of my panther face features show. Nellie didn’t take much notice. As I walked to class people were looking at me but I just smiled at them and continued walking. I sat next April in the second row and Nellie joined sitting on the other side of me. Before the teacher walked in I changed completely too human form and with a scared look on my face. I feel intimidated by the teacher because he just seems... you know when you see someone and you feel uncomfortable around them. That’s what he is like to me.

A/n

Hey readers hope you enjoyed this chapter. I like doing it on my laptop because I can see it as a proper chapter being long. Anyway thanks for reading.

Please vote/comment/share