Chapter 1

Words: 1113

(Jungkook's POV)

"Shit." I whispered my eyes trailing from the man holding a gun to the tiny boy swinging on the playground.

When the man didn't put his gun down or move it to a different target I threw my ice cream down and ran to the boy.

Right when the man shot his gun I crashed into the small boy sending us both flying off the swing and into the fountain.

I hit the ground with a large "OOF". I quickly looked up at where the man was but he had disappeared.

"Twisted motherfucker, shooting a damn kid." I whispered getting up.

"Hey kid, you ok?" I asked reaching my hands down to pick the boy up.

When the boy didn't respond I noticed he was crying. "Hey it's alright, you're safe."

I pulled the boy into a hug. "What's your name pancake?" I said cracking a smile at the boy.

The boy sniffed and removed his head from my neck.

"T-Taejun."

"Taejun where's you're parents?"

"I-I don't know."

It broke my heart looking at this kid. He almost got killed and his parents aren't even here to protect him!

"Alright it's ok....ummm do you want to go to my house while we find your parents?"

"Y-yeah!" Taejun started jumping in my lap like a little bunny.

"Well let's go Taejun. And my name is Jungkook, you can call me Kookie."

(Yoongi's POV)

"Damnit! Taehyung is gunna have my ass for losing his kid!" I muttered while running across the street to the park.

When I reached the park I spotted Taejun, but a man was holding him and carrying him out of the park. "Goddamnit."

I grabbed my phone from my pocket and got the gun from my waistband.

"Babe." I whispered into the phone.

"Yeah Yoongi?" Jimin said over the phone.

"Track my location, some fucker just walked off with Taejun. We need to see which gang he belongs to." I said before hanging up.

I quietly followed the two from a distance never taking my eyes or gun off the man.

(Jungkook's POV)

By the time I reached my house Taejun had already fallen asleep. I chucked softly at his face and unlocked the door walking in and kicking it shut behind me.

"Hey buddy." I whispered softly shaking Taejun, "I need you to wake up."

Suddenly I saw someone moving in front of the window. Based on the silhouette of the person  I could tell they had a gun. "Seriously?! Again?!" I whispered in frustration.

"Taejun," I whispered, "Lets go clean you off and get you something to eat, ok?"

Taejun nodded and I picked him up moving away from the window and into the kitchen.

I set Taejun on the counter before walking to the pantry and grabbing my first aid kit. I also grabbed my gun from the shelf and stuck it in the kit.

"Here let's clean off this bruise." I said reaching my hand into the kit before freezing.

"What's wrong Kookie?" Taejun asked.