"I love Jevan. I really do. I'll never forget the times we had at college because those were the best days of my life. They meant so much to me. I wanted more times like that and that's why I decided to ask him to marry me. I know it's the guys usually popping the question but I'm a phenomenal woman and I wasn't ashamed. This is the man I love. I would do anything for him. But things changed. Things changed as soon as he found out that Blossom was back. I sensed him pulling away from me.

Everything ended up in a fight. The smallest discussions would end in a fight. And whenever we fight, instead of fixing things like a man should, he runs to Blossom and she allows him in her house and in her!" Adobi finished.

Blossom gasped and so did my parents.

"Okay Adobi. Thanks for getting that off your chest. Jevan, what do you have to say for yourself?" mom asked.

"Adobi, I'm sorry. I feel so sorry for you because you're blinded by your actions, your jealousy and your eagerness. Ever since Blossom came back, you became unsettled as if she was a threat to you. I stood by your side and wanted to do right by you, I really did. But you wanted to force me to get married to you. You even moved up the wedding without my approval or knowledge. You want me to get you pregnant and fights everytime after sex because I wouldn't. Everything is a problem when it comes to my son, especially when I want to spend time with him. He's a piece of me and I'm damn not going to ignore that."

I was trying my hardest to not snap.

"Thanks for sharing, son. Blossom, what do you have to say about all this?"

"I.. I.. I feel like I'm caught in the middle."

"You really should feel that way because you're the cause of all of this!" Adobi yelled at Blossom.

"Adobi, calm down," my father told her.

"I'm not the cause of all of this. All I ever wanted was for Jevan to have a relationship with his son!" Blossom snapped back.

"And a relationship with you as well. You played him. You even hid Jason from him. If you wanted him to have a bond with his son, why hide the truth from him? If he hadn't found the contacts in Jason's eyes, would you have told him the truth by now?" Adobi fired back.

"Of course I would. I was scared about the truth."

"No. You wanted to play your hands," Adobi wouldn't let up.

"Look, this whole mess is between you and Jevan. A woman can't come between your relationship unless the man allows her to. Jevan comes to me because I can understand him. I can see where he's coming from. I listen and I give him feedback while all you do is chew his head off.

You and I had a confrontation before and I knew you were threatened by me but I had no intentions of getting in the way of your relationship. Jevan is the father of my child. Of course I'll be involved whether you like it or not!"

"Okay. Let's not get carried away," my mom said.

"You had no intentions of getting in the way of our relationship while you were having sex with him behind my back!" Adobi said.

"Let me remind you that my son is upstairs sleeping and if he wakes up and walks in on that kind of language, I'm going to beat the hell out of you," Blossom told Adobi.

"Adobi, let's keep it PG13 and lower our voices please," dad said now.

"Jevan, were you cheating with Blossom?" my mother asked, a display of disappointment washing on her face.

"Yes," I answered.

Adobi broke into a sob.

"How many times?" Adobi asked, wiping her eyes with a tissue.

"The weekend in Hawaii. We had sex the entire weekend," I told her.

There was a long silence, until my father spoke.

"Jevan, believe it or not, this reminds me of me when I was torn between your mother and a new girlfriend of mine so I understand what you're going through more than anyone here. But you need to make a choice and stand by it before you lose the one you don't want to lose."

This was heavy.

I loved Adobi despite her lack of consideration for others. She and I did endure fun times together.

I couldn't stop loving Blossom either. When she came back, with my son, I thought it was life giving me a second chance with her. To actually be a family with her. She was the missing part of my heart I couldn't fill with anyone else.

"Jevan," Adobi cut through my thoughts. She walked up to me and took my hands into hers. "I know the truth. I knew it all along and I was hurt and angry but I forgive you because I'm understanding you better now. I know how you feel about Blossom. She was your highschool sweetheart and now she's the mother of your child. I understand that. I'm sorry for lashing out on you for that and I'm never going to force anything on you ever again. Let's just fix us. One more time. I love you. Choose me."

I turned to Blossom, expecting her to say something to me.

"Blossom, you don't have anything to say?" dad asked her.

"I'm more than an option. That's what life has taught me. If a guy got to choose between me and someone else, he might as well just choose the other woman because I want someone who wants me and only me without a doubt. Jevan, I wish you all the happiness with Adobi. I really do. And I'm going to stay away from you and I hope you do the same. I'm not going to keep your child away from you, I'll never do that. But whatever we tried to start or have, that's over."

Tears filled Blossom's eyes and it was like I could hear her heart breaking from her chest. I was responsible for such a pain and I couldn't make it better.

I got up and Adobi wrapped me tightly.

"Our work here is done. Thank you for everything, Blossom. Kiss our grand-baby for us," mom said as she stood up.

My father pulled me aside as my mother and my fiancee walked out the door.

"You sure you made the right decision, because by that look in your eyes, I can see you want different."

"Dad, what should I do? I love them both. I care for them both. It's like I don't want to hurt Adobi and break her heart, but in the meantime, I don't want to do the same to Blossom and she's already hurting."

"Listen to your own heart for once, son. Follow it. It's going to lead you to the one who deserves it."

"I really need to ponder."

Dad and I were about to leave when we heard a loud upchuck from the kitchen area.

"Blossom?"

We ran towards the sound and I caught her right before she hit the floor. Her skin was as cold as ice and she was motionless.

"She's not breathing! Dad, call 911!"

_____________________

A/N

Hi Everyone!

I'm back and I'm in a better state of mind which means there will be more frequent UPDATES 🙌

But don't forget to vote and share with your wattpad friends as well as that would encourage me to upload chaps even faster.