I did not say anything else.

I stumbled upstairs with him very awkwardly. He did not help me. He unlocked the door to his penthouse I immediately kicked my heels off once we were in. My hair, I pulled up into a bun with my scrunchie, and my earrings were put in my handbag.

"Ooh, whiskey." I start toward the bottle and glasses on his piano. He doesn't stop me.

"I pegged you as a Cosmopolitan girl." He threw his jacket on one of the sleek couches and poured himself a drink. I raise my eyebrows as looked around, noticing his penthouse. The wall that faced the city was entirely made of glass, looking out upon a small pool and sitting area where a bonfire sat. It was beautiful view.

The penthouse itself was very modern and sleek. He probably had a maid come in here everyday. The kitchen was big with the best appliances and in the living room the TV just happened to be transparent. I gasp loudly and ran around to touch everything.

"Alright, maybe this drink wasn't the best idea," Christian tried to grab the drink from, but I run out of his reach and down it quickly. "Okay then."

"This is amazing!" I shout, liking the echo in my voice, and pumping my arms in the air. I hear an odd sound behind me. It sounded like a laugh. I turn around not expecting it to be Christian, but a mysterious ghost. Christian did not smile. Christian did not laugh.

I, at least, learned that much about him in the past week.

He laughed even more at my surprised face. Did I make him laugh?

"Yes!" I jumped around in a victory dance, "You're a human being! You have emotions!"

"Did I not before?"

"No. No you didn't." I shook my head no, "Can you smile again?" I ask, and he gives me a look, "Come on I just wanna see you do it. I was turned around before."

"Nope. Can't. It was a one time thing."

"Christian!" I sulk over toward him. He really cannot stop staring at me, "If you don't I'm going to slap you."

"You are one crazy bitch." He murmurs, and my jaw drops open in surprise. I move to hit him, but he grabs my arm before it made contact. He's smiling again.

He smiling again and he has such a gorgeous grin. My heart suddenly wants to jump out of my chest and land in his hands, and soon I'm melting like sweet, sweet honey.

And I love it. I love it. I love it.

"You never smile." I whisper so quiet I don't think he heard, but he did. I watch his eyes glance over at my wrist which his hand was still holding. He lets go. It falls to my side like a dead weight.

"I don't think anything's ever been..." His smile fades slowly, and his face shifts back to his usual serious expression, "Worth it," He finishes and I wish he'd stop there, "Nothing's been worth it."

I want to disagree and say that everything's worth it, that I'm worth it, but I don't. Because I don't know if I believe that myself.

"But... what about the time Adrian whacked himself in the face with a punching bag?" I suppress a smile at the thought, and he raises an eyebrow.

"He's stupid." He replies and I shrug.

"Sometimes." I agree and we're quiet.

"Follow me." Christian pushes past me and starts toward a door leading to the outside. He doesn't wait for me. I follow him in bare feet out to the deck, pulling down my short pink dress.

He walks to the side of the house and up sleek metal stairs onto the roof. I raised my eyebrows as I saw it was decorated also. It was a lower point in the high ceilings with two pool chairs and a diving board off the side. I couldn't see him jumping off that. Christian seemed like an all work no fun type of guy.

"You're always looking off into the city." He nodded towards the view which looked just magnificent from up here. I turned all the way around, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Rooftops are my favorite place on Earth." I murmur. He walks up beside me, hands behind his back, "I've never told anyone that..." I say more to myself than him.

"What do you tell people?"

Nothing.

"L-Lots of things." I lie, his eyes shift over to mine. He didn't say anything more.

I looked out to the city. Everything was so beautiful from up here. I could never afford this view and yet I didn't feel bad about it like I usually would. It was just me and the thousands of lights in front of me. I took a breath of the fresh air, and for a second... just a second... I forgot my past.

I was so dazed I didn't even realize Christian had gone to bed.