Chapter 8

"After you attacked Shigaraki, they ran an investigation on the both of you. They concluded that he was reported to harassing and bullying several other kids, and he was kicked out and sent to a higher security detention center. As for you, they found out that you hadn't done anything and decided they were to send you home." Bakugo explained this all with a calm demeanor. He looks over to me and smirks.

"You... bastard! I thought it was going to be something awful!" I punch his shoulder and he ugly laughs.

The rest of my problems bubble up inside my head however.

"What about Todoroki?" Bakugo turned away and sealed his face into an angry demeanor once again. 

"They haven't found the killer." I sigh.

"It's terrible." My voice cracks, and I feel tears welling up in my eye that isn't bandaged.

"Yeah." There's a moment of silence. 

"And your eye... I'm sorry but you won't be able to use it anymore. They had to.. uh, extract it." Bakugo says emotionlessly.

Just as I feared... I don't want to cry in front of Bakugo. I don't want to be weak with him again. I look over to him, and to my surprise, silent tears are running down his face.

"Baku-" He suddenly collapses onto me, hugging me tightly. It hurts, but I don't mind.

"You fucking idiot, I thought you were going to die! You had no business going into fight like that! We'd only been training for a few-"

And then it hits me.

"You still think I'm weak, huh?" I push him backwards, off of me. I stand up, and my stomach does a flip flop, but I hold my ground. He stares at me, shocked, with tears still streaming down his face.

"No I-"

"I knew it! It's the same with all of you! Stop saying I'm weak! I'm not-"

"I don't think you're weak! Goddammit I was worried because I like you alright?" 

"What?"

"I like you, and I think you're cool and strong and you're the only one who actually likes me too! And you're the only one who would talk to me and respect me!"

"Bakugo..."

"Mina doesn't understand me, but that's not her fault!" The blond boy walks up to me and grabs my shoulders.

"You get me, Kiri!" My face flushes, and before I know what's happening, I'm kissing him.

It's rough, and awkward, but we're close and that's all that matters. He's really hot to the touch, and his lips are smooth. I am kissing Bakugo. Todoroki's dead, I lost an eye, we were fighting, and now I'm kissing Bakugo.

He cups my face with his hand and slightly pushes me back.

"I like you too, Bakugo." I smile, staring into his red eyes, still glossy with tears.

"Can we not keep crying and fighting with each other? I want to leave this place, and be happy." I say. He pulls me onto my bed, pulling me with.

"Me too."

"Then let's leave."

"Kiri..." Oh. He can't.

"Can I tell you something? You CAN'T tell anyone else, or you're dead." I nod.

"I've been able to leave here for a while now. My sentence ended, but I chose to stay longer.

"W-why?"

He sighs."Because I'm in the same boat as you. I'm trans." He's sealed off, looking away.

"And I don't want to go home to my parents, that are like yours."

I wasn't expecting that.

"Is that how you ended up here in the first place?" 

"I'm not telling you that yet." I nod, understanding. 

I give him a hug, and he hugs me back as well.

"So let's leave together! I can get a job, and when you're old enough, you can get one too!"

"I barely know you." That stings.

"But I want to know you better, so sure. Let's do it."

I pull away from our hug.

"Then we're off!"