Welcome to the Circus (c1)

I sat on the street with a cloud of sorrow above my head. Yet another friend lost within six minutes. I thought as I got up and started to pace in thought.

       I'm not your average girl. There are quite a few downsides to my 'unnatural talents' but they come with perks to.

       One, my hair changes color depending on my mood so there's no such thing as hiding emotions. Two, I control certain elements. These would be fire, ice, shadows, and lightning. Three, I'm a magnet for trouble. Four, last but defiantly not least, I can talk to and understand any animal. That and I can change my features to match a animals.

       Fore say there was a raven and I needed to be in the air. I could easily make wings for myself and escape. If I were angry, my hair would turn scarlet.

        I was torn from my thoughts when a carriage stopped in front of me. A flash of orange hair followed by a pop of flowers could be seen before the side swung open to reveal a young man. The very first thing I noticed was the purple jacket that hung loosely from his shoulders, only secured by the top button.

        A big yellow bow was tied around his neck, while a checkered vest was revealed beneath his jacket. Underneath the vest was a long sleeved, white dress shirt. He wore pointy shoes, and knee length pants that had diamonds of gray decorating one side. His hair was a brilliant, fiery orange and his eyes were a unique, mesmerising purple. He had a skeletal hand as a replacement but I wasn't frightened by it in the slightest.

       "Hello. Who are you?" I questioned in my sweetest tone. My mood shift caused my hair to change to a bright silver with pink highlights. I quickly pulled my hood over my head to hide the sudden change but it was to late.

         "Pleased to meet you, milady. Call me Joker. Tell me, did your hair just change color?" 'Joker' replied calmly. I blushed as he took a strand of my hair and played with it.

         "No, its just the lighting. I'm sure of it." I answered as I snatched the lock of now-purple hair from his grasp. He turned his hard to the side and motioned for someone else to step out of the carriage.

          "Beast, help the lad to her feet. She's quite the unique one. Take her back to the circus." 'Joker demanded but I shot up and bolted down the alleyway.

          Kidnappers! Stupid, stupid, stupid! I scolded myself mentally as I weaved through the corners and doorways. Two guards were patrolling the street and demanded I stop.

          I came to a halt in front of them and was immediately panicking.

         "It's past curfew. Where's your parents?" The blond one demanded but I shook my head. Shoving past them, I dashed away.

        "Don't have any!" I answered over my shoulder, making them stop in surprise. I turned back to the front to find a figure of what seemed to be a girl in white drop from the rooftops.

        Taking a sharp left, I ran straight into a dead end. Come on, come on, come on! I thought as I tried to picture a bat's wings. When nothing happened, my hair turned fiery red from anger and frustration.

         'Joker', the girl in white, a woman with a whip, a large, muscular man, two children, and a boy with blond hair cornered me. Just when I needed my powers, they hide away like a coward.