My Step Father 2

I woke up to the feeling of something cold pressed against my cheek. My sore cheek at that. I looked to see who was doing it and what do you know.. the man himself, the greatest, the one and only Michael. He's not even focused on me. You know, just sitting on my bed. He's looking around my room trying to study everything that's in it. This is only the second time he's been in here. I know right. One too many.

"Didn't I tell you to get out?" I broke his trance making him look at me before looking away clearing his throat.

"I-I'm sorry.. I-I just came to check on you and I seen you were sleeping. B-but your cheek is bruised so I brought you some ice to let the pain g-go away.." he looked so sincere by the way he's looking at me. You know? Staring into his deep chocolate brown eyes will make you feel things you've never felt before. They will put you in a trance just in just one second. I cleared my throat breaking his stare from me. 

"Um, ok? So why are you still in here?" I questioned. He looks shocked at my response and stood up walking towards my door patting down his shirt.

"Like I said I came to check on you alright? I seen that your cheek was bruised and I know that you are against taking any kind of pain medication or any medications at all. I just brought you a ice pack. At least someone cares right?" He said rudely leaving my room.

My eyes got huge once he left my room. H-how does he know that? No one really knows that. I guess all those years he really did pay attention to me. Well not specifically me but my likes and dislikes.

I decided I needed something to drink. I removed the ice pack from my cheek and the pain hit me like a bag of coal being thrown at me. Just all at once. I touch my cheek and it feels like it's on fire. Yeah, a drink will do me just fine.

I walk downstairs leaving my room, making it all the way down to the bottom set of stairs seeing my mother and Michael in a hot heated kiss. That's the most horrific thing I've ever experienced. Can't they take it to her room or something? I mean damn, there's other people living here. Hello! Living! But my mother doesn't care. She would fuck Michael right there knowing I'm home and could just walk right in on them. Ew, why did I say that? The image is burning in my brain. It's killing my brain cells.

I hurried up walking passed them heading to the kitchen. They didn't even notice. I opened the refrigerator searching for something good to swallow. Then my phone started ringing. I looked at the caller ID and it was my best friend Jude. Him and I we have been the best of friends for quite some time now.

"Jude.. what do you want?" I answer the phone playfully sounding like I'm annoyed.

"Riles, what did I tell you about that attitude of yours?" He playfully plays along.

"Yeah. Yeah. What's up?"

"I wanna know if you wanted to hang out or something today. We were suppose to hang out for the past week but someone keeps blowing me off without an explanationnnnn." He drags out trying to make a point.

To be honest, there is a reason why I've been distant. For the past couple of weeks I've been feeling really weird around him. I think I'm starting to like him but I know he isn't into me so being friends is better than nothing.

"Jude. I don't know." He scoffs.

"Riley, I've had enough of this shit. I can clearly tell your keeping something away from me. You know you can trust me. I love you girl. I'm always here for you." He loves me? No. He's never said that before.

"Listen, I-I really have to go. Talk later?" I don't give him time to reply before hanging up.

I can't. No matter how much I would love to tell him I just can't. Jude is so out of my league. He was a jock in school. Played every sport that school had. All the girls were drooling over him but he paid no attention to them. Only me. The biggest jock in the school wanted to become friends with me? I thought it was a joke at first. But he was there for me when my dumbass of an ex broke up with me for one of my life long best friends. We were together for 4 years. We've only been broken up for 2 years. He's always been a person I could count on. Now my feelings are getting stronger for him and it's something that I can't control.