Chapter 13

“Yeah, lemme guess,” I start, “The three of us were tied up and there was this woman telling you to shoot us. Am I right?”

“Uh…yeah, you are. How did you know that?” She says, bewildered.

“Look at your arm,” Sage cuts in just as we walk out of the bathroom, “they injected us with something through these tube things, Sugar and I took them outta you guys when we woke you up. We think they injected us with something to make us have that exact dream.”

“Why would they do that?” Asher asked.

“We haven’t gotten that far. I’m thinking it’s for some sort of experiment or something.” Sage responds.

“It probably is, it’s unnatural to be born on the same day here.” I state.

“So what do we do now?” Lilly says.

“We go up to Ms. Dew and demand answers.” Sage counters.

“Good idea, Sage, let’s go.” Asher agrees.

“No.” I say as I step in front of them, blocking the door.

“What? Why not Lills?” Sage asks.

“We have to think about this. None of us are really on her good side, and personally, I don’t think any of us like her to begin with. Plus, we can’t trust her. We’ll lay low, maybe ask Barker about it.”

“Well what if it happens again, Lilly?” Sage interjects.

“If it happens again, then and only then will we ask Ms. Dew. Can you guys live with that?”

“I think I can. You Sage?”

“Fine.” He grumbles as he pushes past me, walks out the door, and slams it behind him.

“Should I be worried, Asher?”

“No.”

“Would you mind giving me a quick look into his mind?”

“He’s just angry ‘cause he really cares about you and he doesn’t want you to get hurt, and he’s always protective over the people he gets really close to. He’s just walking it off. Don’t follow him. He needs to be alone, when he gets upset and angry this bad, he tends to react violently to pretty much anyone. Now he’d never hurt you, but he’d still be pretty pissed off.”

“Okay. When do you think he’ll come back?”

“Give him a couple hours. God, it sucks that we can’t know the time here. It’s freaking ridiculous!”

“I know. We’ll just go by the sun, it’s already, I’m gonna guess 4. If he’s not back by about 6, so dark, we’ll go look for him. Sound good?”

“Yeah, we’ll do that.”

“Okay, so what should we do till then, Sugar asks. Quite honestly, I forgot she was even in the same room.

“How about we find some way to cover those panels in the wall that move.”

“That’s a good idea, but I don’t think we should give them any way of knowing we know about them if they don’t already.” Sugar says.

“Yeah.” Asher says.

“What if we complained that we’re cold and request more blankets? Then we could pile up the blankets where the panels are.”

“That’s a perfect idea, Lilly,” Asher says, “Let’s check if there are extra blankets already here first though.”

“Okay but where do we look? The only other room in here is the bathroom.” I state.