Chapter 11

We get back to our room out of breath and still holding hands. And guess who’s there? Yup, Sugar and Asher. And what do they think when they see us holding hands and out of breath? Yeah. They think the wrong thing.

“Uhm, what have you two been up to?” Sugar asks with the wiggly eyebrows.

“What?” Sage and I both say at the same time.

“No, Sugar. Nothing like that. We were running because-“And as I was about to say ‘we were somewhere we weren’t supposed to be’, Sage elbows me in the ribs, reminding me of the hidden microphones.

“Well?’ Sugar says, still awaiting an explanation.

“I’ll tell you later.” I say as she continues giving me inquiring looks.

“Nothing happened, Sugar!” I shouted.

“Hey,” Asher says “it wasn’t her fault, don’t yell at her.”

“Right. I’m sorry, Sugar. I don’t know what’s up with me.” I say as I crawl into my top bunk on the other side of the room, clearly not wanting to be bothered.

1   2   3   4   5

I mentally count the seconds that pass, awaiting the time when we’re (somehow) called for dinner.

6   7   8   9   10

“Is she okay?” I hear Sage whisper to Asher and Sugar.

“I’m fine,” I say loudly, “I’m also not deaf, so stop whispering about me.” Okay maybe that came out a little harsher than intended but at least I got my point across. I really don’t want to be talked to right now.

Knock Knock Knock

“Come in” Sage says. I was expecting it to be Barker telling us to come for dinner, but instead it was a waiter pushing a cart full of food.

“I thought we were going to the cafeteria to eat.” I said to the waiter.

“Terribly sorry miss,” he apologizes, “I don’t have any control over it. I was just instructed to bring this here.”

“Thank you.” I said, trying to remember my manners. At least they were bringing us food at all. He pushed the cart to the middle of the room, and left. I look over at the cart from my bunk. It smelled so good. But I’ve been too bad to eat. Freaking out at Barker and making a bad impression on Ms. Dew. No. I don’t deserve food tonight. I’m just gonna go straight to bed and not eat.

I’m also going to pull the blankets up over my nose so that I’m not tempted by the smells.

And put my headphones in so I won’t hear the clinking of dishes or their voices telling me to eat.

I grab my iPod out of my pocket, there was no way I was gonna have it not near me, and turned on some Paramore. I love Paramore.

I attempt sleep, the beginning of Ignorance lulling me to sleep.

If I'm a bad person, you don't like me

Well, I guess I'll make my own way

It's a circle, a mean cycle

I can't excite you anymore

And as that first verse leads to the chorus, I’m already drifting…

I’m awake now. In a pitch black room, tied to what I’m pretty sure is a chair, and I can’t see a thing. When suddenly, the lights come on. And these aren’t any normal type of light. These are in-your-face-you’re-blind-now lights. When my vision finally adjusts, I see that it’s about a 20’ x 15’ foot room and it’s completely empty. Well, besides me anyway. As I start struggling to get free of the binds that hold me, a woman comes… through the wall? There’s no door, so how the heck did she get in here?

“There’s no point in struggling to get free. Not when I’m here to do that for you.” And now I’m REALLY confused. Why is she untying me? Is she the one that put me here in the first place?

“Come with me.” She says as she starts toward the wall.

“Um, I can’t walk through walls and who are you?”

“Oh, dear. You already know me.” As she turns to me I’m horrified, but not surprised to see Ms. Dew’s face staring back at me.

Then for some reason, she takes me by the back of the neck and pushes me, (with surprising force really), towards the wall. I close my eyes and brace for impact… but it never comes. What?

I open my eyes, and now I’m in another room, one that isn’t empty nor dark. To my right, I see a table with a gun on it. What is that doing here? Only the officials carry weapons. I look ahead of me, and now I see that I’m no longer alone with Ms. Dew, but what I see makes me wish I was. I see Sugar, Sage, and Asher, chained up in their own individual chairs.

“Shoot them.” Ms. Dew says.

“What?! No! They’re my friends, and besides, I don’t even know how to use a gun” It’s only a partial lie.

“You do know how. Remember emergency class with Mrs. Keller? How did she know that? Yeah, I took that class, and that’s common knowledge but the teacher’s name isn’t. She only told me because she liked me and I’ve never told a soul.

“Now shoot them.” She stated firmly.

“Why?”

“You don’t get an explanation now do it!!!” There is now way I could shoot them. Maybe if I shoot her… Well no matter what I do, someone’s gonna die now. I load the gun, aim for her head, close my eyes and pull the trigger.

“Silly girl.” I hear her voice like a serpent say. “You really think I’d be stupid enough to go in there?”

“But- How? You touched my neck in the other room.”

“I was there in that room. Once we came in here, I left and sent in a hologram.”

That’s it. I can’t stand to hear anymore. I weigh my options. Maybe I could make some sort of deal.

“I see that look on your face, dear. You can’t make any deals.”

Well there goes that idea.

Me.

Without formulating another thought, I reloaded the gun, pressed the barrel to my skull, and pulled the trigger…

I awoke to the sound of hysterical screaming…

Yes, I did a cliffhanger. Commence with the tomato throwing…

Authors' note

By the way, something is wrong with the cast option on wattpad and I swear this is the last time I'm changing Sage's character but the cast is as follows:

Lilly: Hayley Williams

Sugar: Zoe Kravitz

Sage: Michael Clifford

Asher: Logan Lerman

Barker: Brenden Frasier

Ms. Dew: Sandra Bullock

By the way, this'll be up to chapter 13 so I'm sorry if you see this a few times. ILYSM