Chapter 4

This is my last training session with Sugar before we leave Woodly for Edward's Island. I can't believe I'm doing this. I always knew that I couldn't let the society know about my timer, I guess I just never thought about what would come after that. In this case it means running away.

"Sugar." I said cautiously.

"Yes, Lilly?" She replied, full of wisdom.

"I don't think we've thought this through properly."

"What do you mean?"

"Island. We're going to Edward's Island." I hinted, hoping she'd get it.

"Yeah, so?" Okay, guess she's not gonna get it.

"How are we gonna get there?"

"I could run over to my brother's house. Convieniently enough, he makes boats for a living." She said matter-of-factly.

"Oh. Wow. That makes our situation a lot easier... We should go pack."

"Yeah. We should." Sugar responds as we both stand up and head our seperate ways.

"We need to pack light. We can't have too much baggage when we get out of there. Just one backpack each!" I say as we shout across the apartment to eachother

"What about food!?"

"Okay, maybe 2 backpacks each. But they can't be too heavy!"

"Okay!"

"What kind of food should we pack?" Sugar says as we both enter the kitchen carrying empty backpacks waiting to be filled with food.

"Well, we can't pack too heavy."

"I know that! You just told me that two seconds ago!"

"I know, I just wanted to mess with you." I respond while erupting into a fit of laughter.

Sugar sighs and says "Okay. Ha ha. You got me. Now seriously, what kind of food do we pack?'

"Uuhh. Something that doesn't go bad very quickly."

"Okay. So, like, peanuts?" She says while pulling the jar of peanuts out of the pantry.

"Yes! Exactly! But put them in a plastic baggie thing instead."

"Alright." She responds casually.

"What? No argument? No questions?" I respond sarcastically.

"No, dummy. You've finally gotten it in my thick skull to pack lightly."

"Haha. Good. Hey, how about this. You pack the food, and I'll pack our clothes and stuff."

"Sounds good to me."

As I run off to our closet/room/thing, I grab my second backpack off my bed, and her backpack off hers. Ok. Since we're going to be wearing our suit things there, I figure we'll both need three sets of clothes. I decided upon eack of us getting our own 2 pairs of jeans, three t-shirts, a pair of sweatpants, two pairs of sneakers, a sweatshirt, a heavy jacket, a pair of shorts, and some toiletries.

"All the food is packed!" I hear from the kitchen.

"Perfect timing, all of our clothes are packed. I'm ready to train!"

"We're not training tonight, we're going to bed early. Set your alarm for 5. The train comes to get us at 6." She say as she walks into the closet.

"Oh my goodness! Sugar!" I replied with panic caressing my voice.

"What? Are you okay?" She responded

 "I'm fine. But how are you going to get on the train? You only do the tests the day you turn 17!"

"Okay, here goes."

"Here goes what?! Is there something else you haven't told me?! Because that list of things seems to be piling up really quickly!" I furiously respond

"I know. And I'm sorry. I promise that I'll tell you everything as soon as we're on the boat. The boat's at the end of the pier by the way."

"The pier? There are no piers in Woodly, Sugar!"

"Not that anyone knows about." She respods coolly.

"Okay. Wow, that's actually pretty shocking. And I'm not being sarcastic. What were you about to tell me, Sugar?"

"I was born 15 minutes after you were Sugar. Not two months after."

"Wow. That's really close." All births in Woodly are supposed to be a month apart, exactly. The Society says it's supposed to help with legal stuff, but I think it's a form of population controll. Luckily Sugar's too old to be exiled. For that reason. But who cares, we're leaving either way.

"I know. My parents had to hide me for a while and give me a fake  ID."

"Wow"

"Yeah. I'm sorry I've had to lie to you. My dad told me to never tell anyone. Ever."

"Well I'm glad you told me. I promise I won't tell anyone. Haha, but then again who do I have to tell." Great, I tell myself. Now I've just made some really awkward silence time between us.

"Well" Sugar says breaking the Lilly-made-another-awkward-comment silence "I think we should go to bed now. I know 8 is kind of early for us, but we have am extremely eventfull day ahead of us."

"Well, I'm not going to argue. More sleep is more sleep."

I didn't even bother changing into pajamas. I had been wearing jeans and a HUGE t-shirt, so I just took the jeans off. Surprisingly enough, my mind was clear when I crawled into bed. There was only one thought in my mind, and that was the fact that I'm finally getting out of here tomorrow. No more rules or restrictions. I can do whatever I want and I'll have the only person I care about with me. Sugar. That's what I kept telling myself as I lazily drifted off into my non-everlasting slumber.

Authors' note

By the way, something is wrong with the cast option on wattpad and I swear this is the last time I'm changing Sage's character but the cast is as follows:

Lilly: Hayley Williams

Sugar: Zoe Kravitz

Sage: Michael Clifford

Asher: Logan Lerman

Barker: Brenden Frasier

Ms. Dew: Sandra Bullock

By the way, this'll be up to chapter 13 so I'm sorry if you see this a few times. ILYSM