Chapter 3

I held onto the wall while my ears started ringing. This can't be happening. It had to have been a hallucination. Yeah, that's it a hallucination. A hallucination that I really want to wake up from now. Things start to go dark. No. No! I can't be fainting. I need to know if that really was just my mind playing tricks on me. Gosh, I hope it was. That's the last thought I had before passing out...

I'm awake. I'm still on the floor where I collapsed. Why did I collapse? Oh that's right, I fainted, and I suppose I fainted because, oh my god, that's why I fainted. It was Sugar. Just Sugar... holding a gun. Why was Sugar holding a gun. Guns aren't allowed in Woodly. How did Sugar get her hands on a gun.

"Lilly. Lilly get up." My eyes flutter open and she helps me up.

"Sugar! I had this hallucination that you were holding a gun and then-"

"That wasn't a hallucintation, Lilly. I'm going to train you. In hand to hand combat mostly. But if you're actually serious about getting out of Woodly then you're going to need to know how to properly work a gun."

"What?! No! There is no way I could ever hurt someone, much less kill them..."

"I know. I know how inncoent you are, Lilly. You probably won't even need one, but I'm not gonna let my best and only friend going in there defenseless."

"But I won't be defenseless. You're teaching me hand to hand combat, right?"

"Yes, and that's something that the officials don't have. But they will have guns. You know this. They don't need hand to hand combat if they can just shoot you from a distance. I'm not going to let that happen. You're going to learn how to use this and there's nothing you can do or say to make me change my mind." I knew there was no point in further arguing with her. I'm not going to shoot anyone though. Much less kill anyone.

"Okay"

--------------------------------------------------

"Sugar, what are you doing?" I whisper-yelled at her. "This is Society land, we can't go in here."

"This is where my dad trained us. They haven't used this land since I don't know, early 20's. See? It's been deserted for, like, decades."

"I'm not so sure about this."

"Well I am, and this is the only place safe enough."

"Yeah, Society land is the safest land to hide from the Society." I said with my voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Ha ha very funny." As we climbed the rusty chain link fence, thunder rumbles in the distance.

"Good" Sugar says before I can whine about it.

"How on Earth is that good, Sugar?"

"This will teach you to fight despite distractions. It'll help you focus." I had to admit it did sound smart... But I still don't like the idea of rain.

"C'mon Lilly, you can do this! View the rain as sirens blaring as you're making your escape. Have you given anymore thought to where you're going to escape to yet?"

"Yeah. I think I'm going to go to Edward's Island" Sugar immediatlely stopped what she was doing and said,

"Edward's Island? You can't be serious, Lilly. You've heard the stories of that place. Cannibalistic natives, terrible monsters. You can't go there!"

"Where else do I have to go, Sugar? I can't go to Factor because Woodly has an alliance with them, and I can't grow a tail and live underwater."

"But how are you gonna survive?"

"You're already teaching me how to fight. I'll pick up some more skills once I get there."

"...Okay, I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too, Sugar"

Finally. Done with work. 9.5 hour shift feels like crap, then add learning to fight in the mix. Not to mention I had to find a way to cover up my many bruises from Sugar kicking my butt this morning. Oh yeah, she's gonna do it again in about a half hour.

"Lilly! You're home! I thought you only had to work until 4, what happened?"

"Brooke was sick, so I had to cover her shift."

"Oh. Well I hope you're ready to train again."

"Yeah, just let me change first."

"Okay" Now, what to wear, I thought as I walked into my room. There so no way that I'm going to wear what I wore this morning. Those clothes stink like sweat and are probably caked in mud from falling so much. As I pulled out some cotton capris and an old T-shirt (much like what I wore this morning), I thought, 'What am I going to wear on Saturday?' it can't be loose because I don't want someone grabbing me from the back of the shirt while I make my escape.

"Sugar!" I shout as I pull my hair into a ponytail. Again.

"Yeah?!"

"What am I gonna wear when I do this on Saturday?"

"I have something, come here." "Coming" I yelled as I skipped to the other side of the apartment where the closet is. She and I both have a ton of clothes, and there's not enough room in the tiny closets in each bedroom, so we took advantage of the third room and only kept a few things in our bedroom closets.

When I walked into the closet room and saw Sugar holding up 2 black spandex (from what I can tell) suits.

"Sugar that's so cool! But why are you holding 2?"

"This is my way of telling you I'm coming with you."

"What? No Sugar. No. There is no way I'm letting you do this. Why would you even want to come with me? I mean, you're mom and you're brother are here. You have something here."

"My brother can take care of my mom, he does anyways. My parents have always wanted at least one of their children to get out of here. My brother's never gonna leave mom's side. I've already left a note telling them what I'm doing. I can't turn back now."

"Sugar, I won't ever forgive myself if you get hurt or...dead."

"I'm not going to. And now that I'm coming, you'll have a better chance too."

"I'm not gonna win this one am I?"

"Nope"

"Okay" Looks like I'm not going to have to leave her after all.

The next week was a blur of training, working, more training, showering twice a day, training again, and gun training started monday. Friday night had finally arrived.

Authors' note

By the way, something is wrong with the cast option on wattpad and I swear this is the last time I'm changing Sage's character but the cast is as follows:

Lilly: Hayley Williams

Sugar: Zoe Kravitz

Sage: Michael Clifford

Asher: Logan Lerman

Barker: Brenden Frasier

Ms. Dew: Sandra Bullock

By the way, this'll be up to chapter 13 so I'm sorry if you see this a few times. ILYSM