Chapter 24

"What?" Sugar shrieks, "The panels are here too? That's not fair!"

"Well, technically it is. We did agree to this." I point out.

"Crap. She's right." Asher says, defeated.

"Of course I'm right. I'm always right. Even when I'm wrong I'm right." Wow. Didn't mean to say that out loud I think as Sugar and Asher look at me incredulously.

Sage must've noticed because he quickly says, "Guys, guys. She didn't mean it that way. She's just reacting slightly different to the drug. Barker said we'd mainly have the same side effects, but we'd each get our own special side effect, remember?" I don't remember hearing this but okay. "She can't help what she's saying. I think she's unconsciously speaking her thoughts."

"No way. I'm pretty sure I'm conscious."

"See, the normal Lilly wouldn't have said something like that." Sage points out.

"She's kinda loopy." Sugar adds.

"Loop-dee-loop-dee-loop-"

"Yes. Yes she is." Asher agrees.

"dee-loop-dee-loop-dee"

"Okay Lills you've gotta stop that. Like now." Sage says.

"Whooooaaaaaa really green eyes," I hear myself say in a really far away voice, "soooo pretty," as what feels like an outside force reaches my hand out toward his face.

"Sugar please tell me you know of a natural sedative or something. Her attention isn't even focused on me and I'm about to lose it." Asher whispers to Sugar.

"Lose it. Kinda like she did?" Sugar makes out through hilarious laughter.

"Very funny. I'm dying. But seriously. She looks like she needs a nap. Or maybe a coma."

"Then just hit her really hard on the head." Sugar suggests.

"Are you kidding? Sage would MURDER me!" Asher whisper-shouts.

"Yes. Yes I would. And by the way you guys, you both really suck at whispering."

"Sorry." Asher and Sugar say in unison.

"Lavender." Sage responds.

"What about it?" Sugar asks.

"You wanted a natural sedative, you got one. See if you can get some off of that horrible woman."

"Okay I'll try." Sugar says.

"No. Let Asher do this one." Sage commands.

"How come I have to do it?" Asher inquires.

"Because. I've seen how you get when you want something. You're a guy, she's a girl. She may be a very callous woman who sounds like she smokes three packs a day, but I have complete faith in your abilities in awaking the blushing schoolgirl side of her."

"I'll see what I can do." Asher says with a sigh.

"Now that we've got the annoying boy-child off our backs what do we do with her?" Sugar asks

"'Annoying boy-child' huh? Those are some pretty hateful words for someone who was making cow eyes at him not fifteen minutes ago."

"Cow eyes?!"

"Yes, cow eyes." A menacing voice from the kitchen yells.

"You're not any better out there." Sage says.

But I don't get enough time to hear the sarcastic retort  that Asher was sure to come up with before I fall into the darkness that plunges to the furthest recesses of my mind.