Chapter One

She's staring at her angelic face in the bright mirror in front of her. It's cliche but she's looking a blushing bride.  Her wedding dress fitted on her curvy figure like a gloves  and her hair has a big curls hanging loosely on her shoulders.  She never thought everything will end like this.  It started with a sham, a revenge plot and now, she's about to marry a man who killed the man she truly love. 

She's looking at the letter she wrote on her bed, a letter that will hurt him, that will ruin him.  She can't give up her plan.

She was startled with the harsh opening of the door in her hotel room.  There he was looking so angelic in his crumpled white long sleeves.

But these few months, she can't help her heart to started to like him.  To the point of giving up everything just to see his fascinating brown eyes who always look at her with happiness, love and adoration.  Right now, that very eyes are looking at her with blazing ones, full of hurt, betrayal and uncertainty.  She can't even admit it in herself that she's in love with him.

There's pinch in her heart.  Panic and nervousness slowly crawled in her.

"Tell me, Cali. Tell me you love me.''

"Luke.."

"I know it's a bad luck for groom and bride to see each other before the wedding but I had to see you.  Gabby said you're leaving me. I just had to see myself that you're here and you're here to stay.''

Luke went to her way and hugged her tight like he always embraced her, afraid that someone may stole her.  Losing her will make him lose his sanity.

Luke had a glimpse of a letter addressed to him.

"I know you won't leave me, love." He smiled to her, unleashed her from his arms and pick up the letter on her bed. "Is this your wedding vow to me?" He wistfully look at her, waiting for a reply.

She know that once he read the letter.  It's game over.  For them, for him.  If she wanted him to stay in her life, she would stop him. But she did not stop him because deep in her heart, she wanted to hurt him like she was hurt when she lost him.

She saw how his eyes with full of joy turned into stoic, cold one.  She saw his posture frozen.

It was a short letter.

But he read it over and over, maybe he's reading it all wrong.  Slowly, it sank into his mind and heart. His heart is beating like he had marathon for ages. 

Luke,

I can't marry a man who killed Dan, the man I truly love with all my heart.  This is just a revenge.  Everything that you thought we are is a lie. Everything means nothing to me. You're nothing to me.  We're now even.  I lose my man and you lose me.

Cali

He starting laughing and crying at the same time.

"Aren't you going to say something? This is just a prank on our wedding day, right?" He hated how she always closed off her feeling.  He hated how her eyes are always cold and empty. 

He smiled bitterly.

"So, it's true then?" She saw how his tears fell and it's hurting her but she cannot get it back.  She couldn't find a words to say.

"I love you so much.  I would give up everything for you and this is just a plot for you! I am just a game for you.  I am so fool.  I should have known.... I should have known!"

"I am so blindly in love with you that I ignore the signs.  You never said that you love me.  You always flinched when I touch you. You're always cold and did not want to spend time with me.  I should've known.  I am so stupid to force my self.  Did you puke after we made love, no, it's a sex since I am nothing to you. I can't imagine how hard for you to be with someone like me." Luke continued.

Luke was about to open the door.  He held the doorknob tightly and decided to turn around.

"Dan, my best friend, was unfaithful to you.  You know what worse? He's cheating with my Rose, his best friend's fiancee. You shouldn't stole you best friend fiancee.  But I didn't kill him, I couldn't hurt him despite of their lies and betrayal.  I don't know who feed you that story." She looked into his brown eyes.  It was now filled with anger, pain and regret.  She badly wanted to wipe those emotions.  She took a step going him but he stopped her.

"You have a chance to really know me and you'll know how I can't do it.  Rose begged me and I love her enough, so I forgave Rose her and decided to go through the wedding.   But Dan kidnap her the night before our wedding.  We run after them but their car crashed with a ten-wheeler truck." Luke closed his eyes as he remembered the nightmare 2 years ago. "I never wished for it to happen but it did.  We tried to bring them to hospital but it's too late.  They didn't make.  It was a nightmare I'm trying to forget and you successfully pulled me out on that, only to gave me the worst nightmare." He let out an humourless laugh.  "It was Rose then.  And now, you?  He's always hindering my happiness."

"I thought I could finally be happy.  I could start something fresh with you.  You even gave me your body just to 'revenge' him."

He let a fake laugh despite of his aching heart. He looked into her eyes, her face.  Memorizing the face of the woman he loves, also the woman who hurt him the most.

"You had me.  You got your revenge and I hope you're happy and at peace now.  I regret meeting you.  I regret loving you, Calixta Alison Javier."