Morning Person (Clover Ebi)

Clover, you think, is one of the greatest people to wake up to.

He was more of a morning person than you'd ever seen someone be in the early hours of the morning, even when his patrols kept him up late into the night. You knew he was the type to just grin and bear anything difficult that came his way but there had been a point where you were concerned about his sleep schedule; he had laughed about it but you noticed enough of a change that you didn't worry for him quite as much as you did before. It could be a bit frustrating to deal with him if you weren't a morning person as his good attitude was not as infectious as it could be.

Clover tended to be the one first awake, leaning over to press a kiss to your temple before he rolled out of bed. You knew that was the twenty-minute warning before he'd be in to solidly wake you up but you appreciated his more gentle approach. When you absolutely refused to wake up sometimes he'd lift up the bed until you rolled off the other side onto the ground which was a much ruder awakening and made his smile all the more irritating to deal with. It didn't come to this very often but you learned that as gentle as he could be, he didn't mind getting a little rough.

He was always prepared by the time you were finally awake, leaving the bathroom all to you for you to get ready while he sipped his coffee and read the news like a true old man. Once you're finally out of the bathroom and ready breakfast begins, and the morning routines now meet; you take turns making breakfast but Clover tends to make it more often than not.

"I'll see you later."

Once breakfast was done he'd smile, leaning over to press a lingering kiss to your forehead before waving and leaving the house; he always promised to see you later because he claimed he didn't make promises he couldn't keep and he wanted to assure you that no matter how dangerous his line of work was he would always come home to you.

'It's a promise,' You think, 'That he better keep.'