Doing His Best (Marrow Amin)

Marrow always felt at a loss when you were upset.

Seeing tears streak down your face is the exact thing that makes him freeze even if he wants to simply wipe them away, he finds that words never come easily to him when they're needed the most. The first time you'd ever been upset in front of him he'd simply stared, offering no comfort as he wondered what the best course of action would be; what comforting technique would make you the happiest? What could he say to stop your tears and cheer you up? What could he do-?

He's admitted before that though he enjoys being with you, and that he's good at being affectionate and showing you love, when it came to comforting he felt he couldn't do much. He wished he had a semblance that would allow him to wipe away those negative emotions or at least calm them, something that would genuinely help you instead of just covering the problem. But he adapted. He adapted to you, and what made you most comfortable, finding the best solution for a problem he didn't deal with often but still wanted to help with despite his lacking expertise.

"I love you," He'd tell you, "And I'll do anything for you. Anything. So... please stop crying, okay?"