Task Three: Rudolf The Red Nosed Rebel - ☀ Summer Entries ☀

Start from the beginning

Looking at them, I noticed I was the only the one that had taken an injury. There were a few cuts on everyone but I was the worst off, I only had one arm. If volunteering resulted in this, I wouldn’t have done it.

We all stared at each other a few muffled voices encased the room but the district 9 girl next to me, spoke to me. We had a quick conversation but then a few others cam around. “We can trust you, right?” A boy asked.

“Yes,” I replied, even though I wasn’t sure of the situation right now. I left the room, following the others. I had no idea what was going on but the only way to do this was act like a little lost sheep.

I saw the D2 boy spying on someone else. As much as I had to try and trust everyone, it wasn’t that easy. “What are you doing?” I asked him and he came down towards me quickly.

He put my hand over my mouth and I tried to move my left arm. It was a nightmare when I wasn’t even there. I tried to use my right arm and move his hands away but I could have done it better with two hands.

“What are you doing?” I asked him, the moment I forced his hand away.

“Just be quiet,” he replied. “You said we could trust you.”

I made a sharp exit from the room, heading back in the other room I had just been in. Everyone was out of their seats all asking the same question: “Can we trust you?”

My mind went blank, I didn’t know what to say anymore or what to do.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

District 5 Female - MARISOL MAE VERA

I didn't want to open my eyes. I was jerked to the side and I had almost been thrown off of what I was lying down on. 'What am I lying on?' I wondered. It was uncomfortable and cold. I had no idea what it was, but I still refused to open my eyes.

Something was wrong. This place felt... different. It was definitely not the Capital. And not my home back in District 5. But I felt a slight movement. Was I on a train? Or a wagon? A hovercraft? Yes! A hovercraft. Not one from the Capitol, though.

I was still reluctant to allow my eyes to tell me where I was, but I knew it was my only option. I started to open them slowly and carefully, but they shut at lightning speed. I heard footsteps next to me, and saw a slight shadow. I didn't think whoever it was had noticed me peeking at the scene, but I was wrong.

The person stopped by me. I could feel them staring at me. I opened my eyes to find a man. He said something I didn't really pay attention to. I wasn't listening. I was staring at him. He looked odd.

Some could say he was handsome. He was young and fit. He wore black. Just black. His pointy hair reminded me of the spears and knives in the arena, causing me to shiver. It was either really cold in here, or he was sick. His nose was pink at the tip. He looked dangerous, but also appeared to be the good guy; a warrior. That didn't change the fact that he seemed to be a peacekeeper gone bad.

After studying him closely, I tried to inspect the room, however, I failed. I was strapped down to what I think was a cot. Some of the less wealthy people in District 5 sleep on them. I was able to catch a glance at the dimly lit room, though. There were various cots around, holding other dozing tributes. Everything around me was gray.

"Hello?" The soldier said.

I looked back at him, finding him slightly annoyed. "What?" I was confused.

He started to speak again, this time more calmly. "I said, welcome to the revolution."

"Revolution?!" I screamed, waking other tributes. "I can't be a part of this! They probably already killed my family and friends. I'll never survive this! You have to let me go!" By now I was shaking violently in my cot, attempting to get out. People were staring and the soldier was trying to get me to stop.