Chapter 8

One week has passed and you had tried to act normal around Noya. But you had noticed how he had become flirtier around you. Math ended and the two of you walked home to work on your English homework. Your parents were still at work so you had to cook lunch for Noya and yourself. "What do you want to eat?" "I don't really care." He sat behind you on a barstool at the kitchen island and let his legs swing through the air. You turned back to the fridge and tried to think of a meal. Eventually, you decided to make some spaghetti with scampi. You put the noodles in the boiling water and started frying the scampi in a pan. Once you were finished you served everything in a bowl. You set next to Noya and started to dig in. After a few bites you realized that he wasn't eating. "Is everything okay?" "Yeah it's uhm...", he blushed and starred into his bowl. "Come on. Usually your are not that sparing with words." "Okay..." He brushed through his hair and then looked at you, his cheeks still red. "So uhm... the volleyball team is going to a training camp over the next weekend and the boys wanted me to ask you if you would come along because Kiyoko is sick. And we would also have more time to practice", he blurted out and then looked at you with big puppy eyes. You gazed at him: "Oh... I don't know, Noya. My parents probably wouldn't allow it anyway and I don't even know what I would have to do." "We can explain it to you! It's really not that hard! And Kageyama is coming too! Oh and Coach Ukai already said you could come along if your parents allow it. Please, (L/N)-chan!!!", he grabbed your hands and pouted. "Okay... I will ask them later", you gave in. Noya beamed at you and quickly gave you a hug, causing your heart to skip a beat, before he started to wolf down his lunch.

Right after the both of you finished homework your parents got home from work. "(Y/N)?!" "In the living room!" Your mum walked in and Noya ellbowed you in the side. "Ask her", he mouthed. "Uhm mum, can I ask you something?" "Sure", she said while she poured herself a glass of water. "I told you that Noya teaches me volleyball so I won't fail PE, right?" She nodded and raised one of her brows. "So uhm... the team is going to a training camp next weekend and the manger got sick so the boys aksed if I could come. I could also practice with Noya while I am there and Coach Ukai said it would be alright if you and dad are fine with it." You looked at her with a pleading expression. She took a sip of her water and furrowed her brows. "Mhhh." Noya and you quickly faced each other, praying your mum would say yes. "Is Tobio coming along?" "Yes." "Can you bring your mobile phone?" You looked at Noya and he nodded. "Do you promise to call every night?" "Yes yes yes. Does that mean I can go?" "Well... okay. But only if Coach Ukai mails me all the information by Tuesday." "No problem, I will ask him on Monday", Noya said. Your mum smiled: "Okay then. It's already pretty late. Are you guys finished for today?"