Chapter 23

The drive back home was quiet. Neither one of you wanted to talk about the recent incident in the bathroom and so you just enjoyed the cool wind on your hot, red cheeks.

"Wanna go home?", Kageyama asked you once he stopped the bike in front of your house. You shook your head. Kageyama nodded and got off the bike.

The two of you slowly walked down the street but when you wanted to stop in front of his house, Kageyama kept walking.

"Where are you going?" "Just follow me."

-

10 minute slater, you found yourself in front of a 7 Eleven. Its light shined bright on the dark street and it made you feel nostalgic. How often you had come here with Kageyama during the school breaks.

Kageyama told you to watch the bike, while he grabbed some things.

"What did you buy?", you asked excitedly once he returned whith a white plastic bag. "Don't be so nosy", he said as he flicked your forehead and took the bike from you.

-

"Here." Kageyama pushed a bowl of instant ramen with added cheese and a boiled egg into your hands. "We always ate this during the last summer holidays before middle school", you smiled. "Yeah. I thought it might cheer you up." "... Thanks."

You shoved the food down you throat, hoping you could swollow down your feelings along with the spicy noodles. But even after you finished, you still felt a deep hole in your stomach. You sadly sat next to Kageyama, sauce around your mouth, starring into the void.

Tobio took a kitchen paper and swiped your mouth: "I'm really mad at Noya, you know." "Mhhh." "Should I ask him why he did it?" "No. I don't want to know." "...Okay."

Afterwards, Kageyama prepared a bath for you and waited in the living room while you soaked in the hot water. "You'll feel better afterwards", he said. And you tried. You really did. But you couldn't help the tears that fell down your cheeks when you changed into some of Kageyama's old pyjamas. 

Why had Noya done it? You felt so pathetic for falling for him. You also doubted yourself. Were you not pretty enough? Did he want someone nice and shy? Someone who didnt always started arguments with him? What if you hadn't screamed at him after the match?

The questioned rushed through your mind while you sat down next to Kageyama on the couch. He noticed you distressed face and rubbed your shoulder. "Wanna watch Lilo and Stitch?" You nodded and drifted off into a restless sleep before you even noticed it.